Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vems High iats protection??

Hello
    Does vems have a feature where it pulls the timing or something If the iats is High fx If driven hard and Then idles for a time so the iats rise to like 70 degreese?
    The problem with my car is that If sat for a while in idle the. I wont boost before 6000 rpm and the boost Will only hot 1.3@6000 ish instread of 1.6 @4000
    Of the car is driven for 2 km and the iats are Dow. To normal 0-20 degreese Then its fine and running great..
    Or Could it be a mechanical problem? Maybe a bov that cant handle the idle heat?

There is such feature. Look on the column with all the ego correction towards the bottom. There is a window for protection. As far as I can remember there is for clt and egt protection. Can't remember for iat

Comment

Its really anoing haha If its summer and in Line for drag race and stuff. Then it cant boost ��
      Will try and see If i Can find it

Comment

Okay Will try and see
        Its not that good when in Line for drag race and stuff and the car wont boost ��

Comment

Ups Sry the page clearly ****ed Up ��

Comment

In my car (stock RS2 running a Link ECU) I found the boost control is very sensitive to IAT. I have a compensation table that adjusts wgdc based on the iat to get to target boost. I use this up to 50 deg only and then target a lower boost above that. I've found that even with heat soak the IATs drop quickly once you start driving again. It's not very hot most of the year in NZ though.

Comment

Mine runs vems and eboost street so i dont use the Stock boost controller

Comment

If you don't run the vems boost controller then the ecu wouldn't technically be able to limit the boost as it has no connection to the.wgfv

Comment

go to "base setup" in vems
                  below you will found "rev limit/overrun/safety"

there can you set boost decreased with MAT and EGT
                  but like a80avant says,it wont work if you dont controll the boost by vems

maybe you can work with an external output from vems that controlled a valve that sets full boost on the waste gate hose when IAT is to high
                  Last edited by quattro-nick; 26 March 2017, 12:43.
                  audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                  TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                  AEM W/M injection

Comment

Maybe it still pulls timing If not boost ?
                    Its like the turbo is willing to But it is just cant and Then at late rpm it boosts like its running 0 timing or something

Comment

That could be it. Look at your spark/IAT table. At 70C it could be dropping 10deg so that would explain loss of power. Boost though I don't know

Comment

i did some changes to the vems now. i disable the boost pid channel. cuz im running eboost anyways. and i did activate the mat/ign retard table. so i know its pulling. and checked that the other things were disabled.
                        but dont know if it helped. did not have time to get it over 40 in iat/mat and it stilled runned great.. nex step will be to se ign when wot and high mat

Comment

Working...
                        X