• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you manage to source a new one ?

I've been informed they're nla by TPS here
    Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Apparently some shop from Greece can delivery directly from Germany for 85euros

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
        Exactly and It smells more when the tank isn't full.
        I don't really follow what has to do full or not full tank with running on too rich mixture ?
        It smells more when I push more 'pedal to the metal'

Comment

I'm just stating the fact with a full tank car doesn't smell and with half full it does. Hence it should not have to do with the mixture

Comment

that is on your car ?
            As I wrote before mine doesn't smell, and no difference how much fuel in the tank.
            (and I do have fuel surge tank instead of spare wheel)

Comment

Yes it's my car
              I'm happy that yours doesn't smell sailaz, point is to try and find out why mine does.
              I don't think it's map related as it should have been ages now. Car started to smell once I came back to Greece, so it can be coincidental, higher temps, and obviously some part misbehaving

Comment

Ok,
                Yesterday after specifically looking at the mixture while driving in traffic and 35C outside temperature I noticed the following:
                My idle mixture for some reason was getting way too rich! Without touching the map, and the car being tuned for lamda 1.02 on idle. During this time, short 1st and 2nd gear pulls in traffic caused the fuel smell to appear from the front end of the car. (Windows and roof open)

After the car remained stationary and went back to drive I noticed that the mixture was all right again for a short while and again went back to being rich.
                Once I filled the tank with new fuel, it was alright again, without touching the map.

So I am getting the impression that my FIC injectors (ev14 equivalent) are quite susceptible to heat either warm fuel or engine heat thus remaining longer open and causing this smell and overfuelling issue.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of this before? I have to say, while the car was in the UK the weather there did not allow for these issues to appear. In addition I have to say that I can't remember having this issue while I was on the dekas

Comment

was there an altitude change, barometric correction?

once you shut down and fill up with fuel and restart it may have zero'd itself again for that altitude?
                  unlike motronic which does it live, unless you have installed it like that vems will just reset on every restart.
                  Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

I don't know if it actually works with vems or not, although from memory that feature is disabled. Altitude hasn't changed anyway. It's all near the sea level in Athens.

I think something weird is happening with the injectors their shielding or etc...
                    Last edited by A80Avant; 16 June 2017, 18:27.

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                      Exactly and It smells more when the tank isn't full.
                      Lately after these few checks I must admit it smells much less when left overnight. However I did find the tank cap and will replace with a new unit in 10 days or so.
                      Have you got a source for them as i found mine has also cracked and stinks the car out every time i fill it up. ....annoying as the cap is only 6-7 years old
                      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Just a small update.
                        After changing the fuel cap I haven't had any issues anymore. It must have been that

Comment

Nice to have an easy fix for a change!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

You bet... although takes ages to source

Comment

Working...
                            X