Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone running a K26/t04e turbo in their cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds the same way that ppl do it on dubs too... wouldnt really recommend it tho... if you can afford to get a 5bar one then i'd go that route personally...
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
      Bosch Motorsport FPR: B280 550 113

link

You can modify the standard FPR - basically stick an air line on the inlet and measure the outlet. In a vice or with a ball-joint-seperator squeeze the top of the FPR until you get an increase in pressure - a 4 bar might not measure 4 bar with air but an increase of X (standard to what you want) bar should do the trick.

Mihnea can probably explain this better

HTH
      Do you know who sells them? Thanks

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2440769473

Does anyone know if there would be any diff. in HP with this turbo?

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33742

Is this equivalent to the K26/t04e? Will it bolt and fit in the UrS4 with a RS2 EM? Should be the same turbo space as an S2.

Comment

First of the options you linked (based on a tuned k24) doesn't seem to me a great improovement over the stock one (at least in my opinion even 20hp better than a std. K24 wouldn't justify the change and cost.

The other one looks good as for the cold side (57 trim should go up to 450 hp (maybe more with right hot side) but, since it's not mentioned, it probably doesn't have a ball bearing + water cooled center section.
            From what I see from the pics, hot side doesn't look a T3, so that turbocharger may not be a T3/T4 hybrid, but just a T4. Turbine housing also looks quite big, thus providing good top end flow and power but surely higher lag and boost treshold. Turbine inlet and outlet are also not a straight fit to Audi headers and downpipes, and, because of the splitted inlet port, I would see a specifically designed header collector and header-to-turbo flange to match it and optimize flow.

Anyway, from a general purpose high performance use it looks pretty good to me.

Marco

Comment

Working...
            X