RS2 turbo alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Erik
    I think someone can use more than 2.1 bar but many things must be made!
    People say the safe limit for the stock rods is 550NM but i would not go there! I prefer to have a bit less and drive the car with any 98+ octane fuel instead of searching of something very specific!
    That what martin says about your 3B rod bearings is also very correct! All the tuners say that if you go over 280 HP on the 3b and ABY engine you must change the Rod bearings with the ADU ones (the only available now) witch are called in german "Spetter Lager".
    RS2 Head gasket is also a must!

When i am going to change the RS2 turbo with a bigger one (RS2 turbo can also bend the stock rods with its torque) i will go for better rods for sure!
    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Originally posted by Billman
      All the tuners say that if you go over 280 HP on the 3b and ABY engine you must change the Rod bearings with the ADU ones
      Hi Billman,
      As low as 280bhp, I was lead to believe that the rod bearings would be fine on a healthy aby motor upto rs2 spec. I was going to have my ecu remapped to 280bhp on my 80k s2, but now you've got me thinkin of a whole engine rebuild lol

Comment

maybe the 280 hp limit for the bearings is 300 or 320 but you get my poinT! Other opinions are welcome!
        Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Earlier this year we opened rs2 engine that had been driven about 80tkm and very good condition in rod bearings (with Verdi rods. Car had the ~380hp mtm setup. The piston rings are weakest link. Therefore frequent oil changes recommended with premium grade 10W60 oil.

Comment

Tommy: IF It had Verdi rods , than it was opened before , and probably rebuilt. Was it happened 80tkm ago or not so long ago ?

I've installed purple bearing both up and down , HTH.
            Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

what are the purple bearings?
              Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Originally posted by Billman
                what are the purple bearings?
                Fancy aluminum/tin sputtered OEM bearings, the sputtering process gives the bearing much better wear resistance when compared to the yellows. I think the RS2 engine uses yellows on the bottom and purple on the top.

Originally posted by Sweeper
                I've installed purple bearing both up and down , HTH.
                equals bullet proof bottom end with the addition of uprated rods! purple top and bottom seems to be a good setup for handling hi power outputs.

From what I've leant the aby shell bearings are fine running at rs2 outputs, but I guess it aint gonna harm anything if you replace them with better bearings.

Comment

Working...
                X