No announcement yet.

Squeaky windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

isnt that the truth, there is a ton of flex in the chassis....
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

re

ive had this too chris, you think the windows gunna crack or summat.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
        Have you ever opened or closed the door on a Coupé when it's jacked up on the sill? I don't think they were strong when they were new.
        Not to my knowledge but maybe at the garage

Is it just a matter of adjusting the door or window to solve the cracking?

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
          isnt that the truth, there is a ton of flex in the chassis....
          yes i believe so, wish they where as stiff as the latest s4 i drove in

Comment

Originally posted by andyg plym View Post
            ive had this too chris, you think the windows gunna crack or summat.
            If you've 'had' this, what was your solution? It's the drivers door (LHD).

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Floppy View Post
              If you've 'had' this, what was your solution? It's the drivers door (LHD).

Thanks in advance
              just an idea (that could be way off)....
              But have you made sure your door is adjusted correctly (hinge adjsuters)
              because if your door has dropped even slightly then maybe this could be part of the problem?
              I would have thought its more likely than the chassis "weaking" or getting "soft" over time but I don't know enough about metal compositions to say that for sure.
              Are there any materials engineers on the board? Would be good to know about this for sure

Comment

wow ..thanks for allt his... i was pretty cobnfused when i found my S2 windows are SOOO slow to crankup and down...just like on the 16valve coupe I had before...

I will get some silicone soo-daa spray and get working... it'll be a treat NOT to have slow squeaky windows!

P
                SOLD !

Comment

Working...
                X