Bonnet release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonnet release

Bonnet release on my '91 S2 is not working - is there some other way to release the catch?
    I don't think the cable is broken as it has failed in this way before a few times, but worked after some gentle persausion ( - not playing ball this time though!)
    There was no noise/jerk to suggest the cable snapped.

Any help appreciated ...

Cheers.

I had that once, but only one side wouldn't release. This allowed me to pull the bonnet up a bit and use a thin bladed screwdriver to move the mechanism at the side to release it. Not easy. Dunno how easy it is to undo both sides?

Nightmare
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

You could try getting someone to push sharply down on the bonnet while you pull the lever, or if there's too much slack try grabbing the cable itself under the dash with mole grips, careful not to make a mess of it though..

Be ready to find out why before closing it again

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

The small clip on the handle end of the cable is probably broken.
        -

Comment

You can get a hook in through the grill to pull on the cable that goes across the top slam panel.

I have a strange arrangement on mine becasue I don't have a manual bonnet release - it's done with solenoids - not very good if you have flat battery! And so it might be different to standard.

HTH
          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Working...
          X