Front Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Wings

both my front wings are starting to bubble as rust is starting. Just taken it to the body shop who recomends 2 new front wings will be the best solution. I'm presuming if I got some off a scrapper, because of the age of them, they will probably be in a similar condition to the ones I'm taking off.
    Does this sounds right, or might I be able to find a pair of decent wings somewhere.
    If I did need new ones, does anyone know where I can get these from and how much they are? Do I need get these of a main dealer, or do Vagparts or anywhere else supply them?
    Thanks

I need 1 doing as the bumper is hanging low due to the whole in the wing rusting which results in the front bumper hanging a little low.

while i think about it, i need bumper re-spray, and rear quarter.. jeez i need whole car respray.. scary..
    ABY Coupe
    sigpic

Comment

How much were you quoted to supply and fit 2 new wings? I took mine into a bodyshop the other day and was quoted £130 to fit and paint a new wing. Thats with me supplying the wing, I managed to get a mint one from a scrapper.
      sigpic
      1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
      1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
      1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

I didn't get as far as a price. He just said he would not recommend trying to repair what was on as the rust would only come back through. £130 per wing seems about what I would imagine.
        So, I might be able to get hold of some off a scrapper then? Are all coupe wings the same?

Comment

Wings are £147inc VAT each from the dealer
          Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
          2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by S2 Ant
            Wings are £147inc VAT each from the dealer
            i know i got dry bummed over the price as i needed em quick and audi were the only ones that could get em

Comment

£147 doesn't sound too bad. Is main dealer going to be the cheapest/only place to get them?
              Anybody else see the the front wings as a weak point for rust? It seems that water is forced up there at speed. It is the only part of my car where there is the slightest hint of rust.

Comment

Hi

if £147 each, I'd not think twice about genuine galvenised wings.

As a URQ owner I can tell you it's not amusing when Audi trippled the price of the URQ wings last year curently getting on for £600 each from main dealer esp as I need 2

Do it

Mark
                88 URQ

Comment

Glad I read this, mine actually have holes in them, they're THAT bad...

£147 a piece doesn't seem too bad at all. Is the dealer definitely the cheapest place?
                  Irvin

'08-'0?:
                  '97 Coupe, Kingfisher Blue
                  '01-'08:
                  '93 ABY Coupe, Milltek cat-back, Alpine dvd Sat-Nav/Changer

www.irvinduguid.com

Comment

Vag Parts?
                    ABY Coupe
                    sigpic

Comment

Just to update after looking into this, stealer price is £295 for two, and VAG Parts is £266 for two, delivered. Galvanized.
                      Irvin

'08-'0?:
                      '01-'08:

www.irvinduguid.com

Comment

I am very surprised to hear about the rust issues.

I live in New England in the US, where they quite heavily salt the roads, and as a result, I get to work on rusty cars - but the rust is primarily on the underbody. The only body panel rust seems to be the result of long term neglect to paint damage. - my collection of 6 audis runs from 126k to 275kmiles....

I wonder if the cars with the rust had body work done and the zinc undercoating was ground off?
                        Peter S

1990 ErsatzS2 - track toy
                        1991 Coupe Quattro
                        1991 Coupe Quattro
                        1995 S6 Sedan
                        1995 S6 Wagon

Comment

My car and my dad's both came from Inverness in Scotland. His is a 1998 A4 Avant, and he has bubbling on the front wheel arches. Mine just has a hole you can put your finger through...
                          Irvin

'08-'0?:
                          '01-'08:

www.irvinduguid.com

Comment

Originally posted by PeterS
                            I am very surprised to hear about the rust issues.

I live in New England in the US, where they quite heavily salt the roads, and as a result, I get to work on rusty cars - but the rust is primarily on the underbody. The only body panel rust seems to be the result of long term neglect to paint damage. - my collection of 6 audis runs from 126k to 275kmiles....

I wonder if the cars with the rust had body work done and the zinc undercoating was ground off?
                            must be why they called it new england - cause they made it better than the orginal!!!

its a mixture of climate, salt, dampness etc, ive seen nissan 280z in the states, looked like the day it was made + numerous other old cars

Comment

Finally got around to taking a pic of this, and it's got MUCH worse than before the summer.... Definitely time for new wings! The bumper has very little to hang onto now...
                              Attached Files
                              Irvin

'08-'0?:
                              '01-'08:

www.irvinduguid.com

Comment

Working...
                              X