X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s2driveruk
    replied
    Can't remember but fairly cheap i think...

Leave a comment:

• SteveH
    replied
    Nice one David

I have to do this job and I've been putting it off, I'll give it a go now. any idea on the cost of the rubber seal?

Cheers...

Leave a comment:

• s2driveruk
    replied
    I think from memory - was a long while back that you do the following:

1) Shut the roof
    2) Place you hands on the roof lining towards the front section and push up slighty and slide it back towards the rear of the car
    3) You should feel and hear a clunk as the two push on clips release at the front of the sunroof - the headliner and sunroof should now be separated.
    4) You can then swixel the liner through 90 degrees and remove it
    5) open the roof - up not back obviously and Locate the 4 x star head screws which hold the roof to the sliders and remove them
    6) roof will lift off the car now
    7) pull the old seal off
    8) Slip the new one on - i used a small amount of glue to make a firm seal on the two ends of the seal once on.
    9) refit the roof...might need another set of eyes to check roof is level while you tighten up the screws
    10) ensure the roof is then up and slot the liner back in - making sure to locate the front portion into the guides
    11) From memory pull the liner up until it butts up against the pegs on the roof itself
    12) get out the car and lift the back flap up and position the rear pins into the guides so that it lifts the liner when the roof goes up
    13) once the rears are located i think u just close the roof and lift the front end of the liner slightly to get a grip and force fwd so it clicks over the pegs again. Only thing i can't remember is if the rear water channel gets in the way when doing the rear pins but you'll work it out I'm sure.

hope that helps,

Cheers

David

Leave a comment:

• geryS2
    replied
    Good idea, it s on my todo list !!

Don't forget to post some pics, good job for the long week-end

Leave a comment:

• nigelm
    started a topic Sunroof Seal Change

Sunroof Seal Change

Am going to tackle this seemingly simple job.

Anyone have any do's or don'ts to share?

It's the solid metal sliding sunroof not the glass one.

Thanks

nigelm

ABY coupe
Working...
X