Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URS6 Bumper mountings, how are they fixed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URS6 Bumper mountings, how are they fixed?

The front and rear bumpers both hang from the wheel well area corners, how are these fixed? Does anyone have any tips before I kneel in the mud to figure it out? : beer:

I removed one 3 weeks ago and it stumped me for a bit. In the end it was push down and pull back.
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Thanks, are they just bolted to the wings/quarters? Or are there brackets like the coupe has?

Comment

I'm not sure what the coupe ones look like but i've pulled this pic of the net and is the same as mine.
        This sits underneath the bumper near the arch. 15217.jpg
        Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 9 November 2018, 18:56.
        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
        96 URS6 plus speck estate
        94 2.6 80 Avant
        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

As above, you need to push down on the bumper at the wheel arch, whilst pulling outward, this will release the bumper from the two top clips as on the bracket pictured
          When the top is released you can lift the bumper out of the single lower clip
          One side is a bit more awkward than the other, depending on whether you are left or right handed. But if yours aren't lined up well, it maybe that the brackets are weak so they might come off quite easily

There are two long allen head bolts up in the front bumper, so the two side grills need to come out to access these
          For the rear, you need to remove the boot trims to access the 4 main bolts, and then there are some bolts/screws in the wheel well

Front Bumper.pdf Rear Bumper.pdf
          1989 NG Q Pick-up (Daily)
          2002 ASZ Golf (Doris' Daily)
          1997 AJK-G2 A6 Avant Q (In surgery)
          1999 AGZ Bora (Daily 2)
          1994 ABC A6 Avant (Spare)
          1984 JS Coupe GT (Slow progress)
          1982 WN Coupe GT5 (Spare)
          1983 MK1 Golf GTI Pirelli (In storage)

Comment

Thanks guys, that's just what I needed to know

Comment