Body shop recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body shop recommendations

Does anyone have any body shop recommendations to get my S2 resprayed? Based around Northampton but willing to travel. Want a full respray.

Thanks

Will
    1996 Audi S2 - 295bhp and 326lb/ft - Complete Rebuild Project

1994 Audi 80 - 2.0 8v (slow but reliable!)

i've heard quattro coachworks mentioned many times.

Comment

https://www.s2forum.com/forum/welcom...tro-coachworks

Comment

Quattro Coachworks
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Honestly Quattro Coachworks is probably the best option. Top quality resprays I've seen done by them, few pals of mine have been there and would totally recommend them because of their work. I think they are based in Luton about 40 miles from Northamptonshire.

Comment

IshQC

Comment

I've had a chat with Ish at QC, going to see him soon. Thanks for the recommendations!

Comment

What would you say is reasonable for a full back to metal, glass out respray.

I've had quotes varying from 4.5 to 9k...

The place I really liked was in the middle but my head still says that's a lot of cash!

Comment

I've been thinking about getting my car done possibly this year if not next for definite and that to me sounds like a lot of money!!?? I have a mate that's going to do mine and am expecting him to come back at around £2500 and he's excellent based near Berwick so a little far for you. In this game I guess it's all about who you know and trust to do a job

Comment

Very much about who you trust. Unfortunately none of my friends are in this business, although alot of people 'have a guy'

I'm going for a full back to metal respray so there is definitely a lot of labour involved.

Comment

Would they also be doing the strip down and re assemble?
                      It's a love/hate relationship with the S2,i love it,it hates me

Comment

I had a guy do mine for under £2k. This was with me removing the trims, rear windows etc and arranging for someone to remove and replace the windscreen. He did a top job. Located near Bishop's Itchington.

Comment

Originally posted by add View Post
                          Would they also be doing the strip down and re assemble?
                          Yes, all of the work. With my work and 1st child there isn't any time to do it myself. I could look into it and see what it would knock off, but I'd almost them do it so I don't have the worry of scratching it reassembling the car!

Comment

Originally posted by Colesy View Post
                            I had a guy do mine for under £2k. This was with me removing the trims, rear windows etc and arranging for someone to remove and replace the windscreen. He did a top job. Located near Bishop's Itchington.
                            I was told of a place on Southam that is good. Not been yet.

Was your respray back to bare metal or rub down and paint?

Comment

FC restorations (French Connection) in Stoke on Trent
                              theyre next to my unit
                              seen some awful cars go in and beauties come out
                              http://thefrenchconnectionukltd.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X