Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't I use two left S2 fogs in bumper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I use two left S2 fogs in bumper?

Just curious know if I were to use 2 left side fog lamps on both corners of the S2 bumper will it make a difference in fitting and wiring up?

They look from pictures like they are interchangeable, but I have not really given much attention to one when I had it in my hand.
    Cheers mis amigos,
    _Anton

they are different, and wires will be too short

Comment

Originally posted by WabTheKing View Post
      they are different, and wires will be too short
      Ok let's say I lengthen the wires I would still have a problem with them fitting properly aligned?

Iam hoping I can get away with it but if the answer is no then dead end on a cheap fix for me.
      Cheers mis amigos,
      _Anton

Comment

I might be being dumb here (in fact almost certainly) but I assume you are suggesting simply rotating the left one over and mounting it on the right hand side?

Since fog lights are angled downwards (which is why they are pointless and every chav who drives around with them on should be shot), won't that mean that if you mount the left one upside down, it will point up?

If that is the case, Plod would pull you if you ever switched them on.

Cheers n

Si
        95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
        Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
        With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Originally posted by HPmuirt View Post
          I might be being dumb here (in fact almost certainly) but I assume you are suggesting simply rotating the left one over and mounting it on the right hand side?

Since fog lights are angled downwards (which is why they are pointless and every chav who drives around with them on should be shot), won't that mean that if you mount the left one upside down, it will point up?

If that is the case, Plod would pull you if you ever switched them on.

Cheers n

Si

Yup you were reading my mind.... well I've got my answer and soo thanks for the clarity
          Cheers mis amigos,
          _Anton

Comment

Bloody hell, I was getting confused there too!
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
            X