Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RHD Avant aero wiper clarity

Hi all,
    I am looking to fit aero wipers to my Avant and searching the forum brings up lots of information which seems either out of date or unclear so I'm hoping to clarify the situation.

The following arms are from c5 allroads and are talked about as the best items to fit to a coupe and there are some great photos of them fitted to a coupe but I don't see an answer as to whether these fit an Avant, can anyone confirm please?

4B2955407C
    4B2955408C

There also seems to be lots of questions about the blades for these arms - can you buy blades from Bosch which do not need to be cut down and do you need any extra fittings for these?

Lastly, are there any extra covers/nuts or bolts required to fit these?

Coupe arms are much longer than Avant

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

So the A6 arms won't fit the Avant?

Comment

I don’t know for sure but if they fit the coupe I don’t think they will work for the Avant
        The coupe screen is much bigger and the fixed part of the arm at the bottom is longer.
        I have Aeros on my coupe, car is not here right now, I believe it was a VW Lupo part, long time ago..
        Hopefully someone here has fitted them to an avant!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Makes sense, I guess it's due to the difference in rake of the screen.
          I guess that brings the follow up question: does anyone know which arms/blades do fit the Avant as a direct (or near to it) replacement?

Comment

I found this

Originally posted by Lloyd View Post
            Thought I would post up the kit part numbers for the front Avant aero wiper kit.

Two arms: VW 6X2 955 409 C
            Two blades: VW V1J2 955 426 B

Both sourced from VW main dealer to get the genuine BOSCH part.

When set-up correctly the blades and arms are mostly hidden from the drivers view when in the off/rest position. Don't forget to get some new washers, nuts and plastic caps to finish off.

First fitting, best to fit the blades to the arms before mounting on the car to get the right angle etc. Be sure to fit them with the bonnet open! ie: from under the bonnet

The rear blade is off a VW Touran 09/03 onwards. 405 mm fitting 16". Montage No 10 This is the longer blade to give a full sweep. Will need to look for the arm PN.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

And I bumped the thread

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Interestingly that's the same setup that has been recommended previously for the coupe.

I found a set of the A6 arms etc that I can pick up fairly local for a reasonable price so I think I'll try it and report back. If they don't work there will be a fit sale thread popping up

The one listed above appear to be passenger side arms from a lupo GTi or 3L which are much harder to come by second hand but I haven't checked the dealers yet.

Comment

I fitted the C5 A6 wipers today. They seem to fit OK - drivers side fits with no modifications and I trimmed 30mm from the passenger side as it was sticking just off the side of the screen when parked.

Comment

Replaced my Avant blades recently. I use Bosch Aerotwin flat wiper blades with the recommended arms above AP20U driver's side
                    AP19U passenger side
                    1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

I tried Bosch Aero wiper's on my S2 Coupe (of I believe the correct type) and have to say I was very disappointed by the results for such a safety critical component. Sure, they worked and looked more modern but they simply couldn't deal with heavy rain anything like as well as the the OE one's fitted with decent blades.

Perhaps I was doing something wrong, I do dumb stuff with surprising frequency, however I looked into what the options were and was sure I'd gotten it right.
                      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

I'd imagine the coupe uses different arms/blades? Not sure on that Kit.
                        My car came with the mod done (at least 10 years now). I've driven in some rain up here and never found them bad, but I have no comparison to the originals to compare. Certainly clear the screen adequately for me.
                        1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

It was ten years ago mate, I must have been using the wrong arms or some other silly mistake, if they clear the rain for you up there then they should cope anywhere on earth!
                          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

I´m still on the normal wipers and use bosch twin as replacement and find them good enough but for more than 20 years I´ve been using a rain repelent and find it to be the best mod ever made to any car as I do long drives in the rain without ever using the wipers, very very good, I first used RainX and it was excelent but then they dilluted the formula and now I have to aplly it more often and is no better then the Redex one, it still works great though just have to do the treatment every month.
                            If you haven´t tried it you should specially if you get lots of rain, you´ll be amazed!

Comment

Originally posted by psiconauta911 View Post
                              If you haven´t tried it you should specially if you get lots of rain, you´ll be amazed!
                              Totally agree, brilliant stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X