window cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window cables

Just took my door card off 2 find what was up with my window and found the cable was frayed gunna order a cable set tomorrow just wondered if i have 2 take the whole mechanism out or just the motor and fit the cable with it in place?

Dan you have to take the regulator assembly out to separate the motor from the cable mech. Unfortunately there is no other way to do this.

Rob.

Comment

ok so 2 get that out there is the 2 bolts at the botom and 2 on each top corner and 3 for the motor yeah?

Then just unplug motor and lift ?

Comment

Yep, actually one bolt and one nut below that at the top right hand corner (drivers side). Make sure the window is wound down before removing it to make life a little easier for you.

Comment

ok is there any adjustment needed after

think i will adjust the door while im there seems 2 have dropped a little

Comment

double post.

Comment

You really should adjust the door before aligning the window to the seal. Both of these jobs will drive you to distraction to get them right.

Toptip : use some chalk to mark were the bolts and frame are before you remove them.

Comment

ok cheers hopefully have the bits wednesday

So wish me luck

Comment

Working...
                X