Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof clop part number please!

Hi Guys,

Can someone help with a part number please?

I have managed to break the small clip the secures the rear most part of the wind deflector flap raising/lowering arm to the body. It is the part that clips on to the arm and then also clips to a small welded upright on the roof. (It is about 15mm x 5mm x 2mm)

Sorry no pics, wife has taken camera away with her!

I would like to order on asap if I can.

Cheers,

Steve
    Last edited by Fat Audi 80; 25 September 2007, 11:43.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Fixed mine with a tiny tie wrap, temporarily, about 2 years ago

lol @ clop

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Looks like LOTS of different types of these fasteners depending on model year and sunroof type - with or without preselector option. Need more info from FAtty on this.

Paul
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
        Looks like LOTS of different types of these fasteners depending on model year and sunroof type - with or without preselector option. Need more info from FAtty on this.

Paul
        PDF attached from FA - guess you mean item #28 - there's about ten types in total.

Paul
        Attached Files
        Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

I will photograph tonight. Looks like number 22!
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

4A0 877 445 E - glide piece -use in pairs only apparently - a whopping £4 ish
            Paul Nugent

Comment

Thanks Paul, will try and confirm tonight.

P.S. Why are the drawings / schematics so ***** in the FA??? It has always bugged me. As a design engineer and draughtsman, I would never be able to get away with work that scruffy and inaccurate!

Cheers,

Fats
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic

Comment

Thats one of the better ones ! We suffer a little from not being the newest models around - it gets better on more recent models, but your point is valid... Doubtless there are better drawings available, but the FA just packages up the bare minimum of coverage, detail and accuracy to help them sell parts !

Paul
                Paul Nugent

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                  Thats one of the better ones ! We suffer a little from not being the newest models around - it gets better on more recent models, but your point is valid... Doubtless there are better drawings available, but the FA just packages up the bare minimum of coverage, detail and accuracy to help them sell parts !

Paul
                  True, but I could do better at home one night with an A4 pad on my lap, watching telly!

Cheers,

Steve.
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic

Comment

The older FA diagrams are scans of the original parts microfiche images. They were bad enough back then (I know how old that makes me sound but the FA hasn't been around that long)

Ben
                    the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                    1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

About 56?

The Perfectionist
                      sigpic

Comment

Here is the offending part that has snapped in two

Sorry about the really crap photo but the wife has taken the camera away with her.

I am now not convinced it is number 22. The part fits to the small upright angle piece of metal that is spot welded to the roof and the arm clips in the top of this plastic piece....

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve.
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic

Comment

I reckon its number 28.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                            I reckon its number 28.
                            That was my other thought, I think I will order that!

Thanks,

Steve.
                            The Perfectionist
                            sigpic

Comment

Okay gents, to close this one out. Martyn at VAGparts kindly sourced me the Arm and Clip, which you have to buy together.

Sunroof lifting arms: 895 877 681A & 895 877 682A

(It was Number 28 - Well done Paul and Newsh)

A word of warning, the plastic clip fits fine and was all I needed, but the arms are the wrong shape and would not retro fit onto my sunroof wind deflector.....

Cheers,

Steve.
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X