Leaks????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaks????

Hi guys, put this in here as I believe the exterior is the problem.....

Right I have 4 leaks in teh front of the car leading to pooling in both footwells.....

Two (one from eash side are coming from teh door seals (running down the inside then over the lip at the bottom, Cure anyone???? Tried to silica seal up part of it and it has reduced the problem from this area but not by much.

The other two are ?????

I think that they are coming from the join at the back of the bonnet. If you look at the top of the wing with the door and bonnet open you can see three interior panels joined together. There appears to be a little hole there which I have silica sealed but no joy still leaking.....

Any more thoughts. The water seems to be running down wires on both sides (drivers and passengers ) and coming from way up high so quite hard to spot from underneath....

Thoughts please ladies and gents as this needs to be done before the carpet gets back in there for obvious reasons......

Az

P.S. Laminate floor underlay makes a great replacement for the sound proofing especially if you use the wjite waterproof foam stuff!!!!

Az
    Dark Grey Avant
    RS2 FARB
    Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
    Alloy Subframe Bushes

It rained hard yesterday then?
    Worth having a look at the grommet where the bonnet release cable goes through the bulkhead, just near the fusebox.
    Sunroof vents, pour some water and make sure it comes out in the door jams.
    Make sure the plastic panel is fitted properly into the seal below the windscreen, covering the wiper mech and stuff.
    There's quite a few threads about this it would be worth trying a search too.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X