Clear front indicator/side repeater lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear front indicator/side repeater lenses

Anyone know where I can get the clear front indicator/side repeater lenses from? Do I need to change the bulbs too?

Thanks!
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Dan,

I've seen the clear indicators on some audi Convertibles so Audi may be a source.

The side repeaters were talked about somewhere on here. You will need an orange indicater bulb so that it is the correct colour. There is a silver coated bulb which glows orange when illuminated. It was referd to a looking like a fried egg with the orange bulbs in!

I feel the friendly chaps at Vagparts may be able to help....

David

Comment

I just noticed the clear lenses on Dougs S2 piccies, which got me thinking...
      VAG Parts, aah yes, they're getting to know me quite well!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_b
        VAG Parts, aah yes, they're getting to know me quite well!
        Dan,

It's all right having a flexible friend, but you don't want it getting too friendly with traders!

D.

Comment

German, Swedish and French (GSF) do the clear front indicators for about £14 each.
          91 Modded 3B
          14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

mhw make them, if you go in halfords you can get a pair for about £16 in smoke, red, green, clear etc.

Greg
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Got mine from Halfords same as Golfs, Passats and some Porsches.
              Mine have orange bulbs but don't have the fried egg look for some reason?

Cost about £14 if I remember.
              Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

I got mine on ebay for £4.50 + £2 delivery. They always seem to be on there. Reasonable quality. They came from this company.
                Previously I had InPro Chrome Line ones (these have a highly silvered back with a completely clear glass, like Mk 4 Golf etc) on my Corrado (same as Golf Mk2, Audi 80/90), which were really good quality and did look slightly better on cvloser inspection - bought them at the local Halfords for £14.95, but they don't seem to do them anymore. I guess I could try
                here, here ,or here , but I was going to hold out to see what was available at GTI International where you can actually see what you are getting first.
                I also got some silvered capless side repeater bulbs from here , they do two sorts, silvered ones that just blend in for £6.99 or chrome look ones for £9.99.

Whichever way you go I think that clear side repeaters modernise the appearance of the car.

Cheers

Glyn
                Glyn

Ex-Polar Silver RS2
                Sprint Blue RS4 - new toy :mischeif:

Comment

Yep, Ebay, 6 squid all in.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

Got the clear front indicator lenses from GSF as I was going there anyway, but they don't do rectangular, clear, side repeater covers, only oval-shaped ones

However, have found some "oblong" ones on Ebay for 6 quid for a pair, so I'll get them. Thanks for all the links everybody!

The clear fronts look better already, wish I had a proper digital camera to show them!
                    Last edited by dan_b; 3 April 2004, 18:40.

Comment

My clear side lenses have arrived - they're completely clear, no frosting or anything, so I think fried-egg potential is high. Can I get the silvered bulbs from Halfords?

Comment

New lens covers are sh*te. The v-shaped plastic spring clip thing cracked when I put it in, so it doesn't spring in to place and hold the lens cover. Rubbish :mad:

They were "only" £5.99, but even so, I'd expect them to at least do what they're designed to do.

Annoyed of Richmond.

Think I might try and get my money back and get some of these more expensive ones that are linked in the thread, thanks.

Comment

Well the clear side indicator lenses I bought off ebay are pants, they replaced them for me foc, but they still don't fit, and have in fact broken in the act of trying to install them (again).
                          I guess you get what you pay for.

Comment

I got my side repeaters here (address below - hope it works).
                            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=28646
                            it is more expensive but I also beleive you get what you pay for.
                            I got the smoked ones - very happy with them - good fit and appear decent quality. Also just got some rear smoked tresers to match them.
                            Paul

Comment

Did they clip in first time without any hassle? What's the difference between their Chrome line and smoked products?
                              Thanks for the link

Comment

Working...
                              X