THE Squeaking Coupe Tailgate FIX!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE Squeaking Coupe Tailgate FIX!

I have had 3 Coupes, and all had squeaking tailgates. After lots of sleepless nights and numerous sprays, tape, grease etc, I decided to take the whole shooting match apart.

Guess what, the 2 rubber stops that the tailgate sits on (only the ones on the underside of the tailgate) are adjustable. There is a small hole in the centre of each which you stick an allen key in and loosen. The stops can then be clicked in or out for adjustment and then locked in place again with the allen screw. Takes a few attempts to get them spot on. Just done mine and it is blissfull silence!

Let me know how you all get on.
    85' 80 Sport, 90' Coupe 2.3E, 90' 2.3 20V Coupe Quattro, 93' 80 Avant 2.6 SE, 95' A6 Avant 2.5 TDi Se, 98' A6 1.9 TDi SE, 95 S2 Avant

On this page is a picture of it:

Link to picture

We made the page in 2004, and were advised by 20v.org. Good fix, but old news mate.
    www.S2power.com

S2 Coupe - decat - EPS exhaust - RS2 IC - RS2 front - RS2 brakes - RS2 mirrors - Koni shocks - H&R springs - Jehnert doorpanels & Audison Amps - leather & sunroof - VEMS - USA rearlights

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
      On this page is a picture of it:

Link to picture

We made the page in 2004, and were advised by 20v.org. Good fix, but old news mate.
      Hey! The instructions are in Cloggie speak!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

little additional tip, grease the stiker for the lock to bite on and also the plates those rubber feet sit on too.

If it still squeaks then lube the clips which the boot cover sit in (both ends)

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiifff you still have squeaks then its the two cra**y plastic trims which the speakers in, just need some adhesive felt (vagparts sell it by the meter btw...) to tuck between them and the c pllar trim.

HTH

David
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Mine's the plastic trims, nee to fix it but keep forgetting and playing engines, suspension, gearbox, prop etc. etc.
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Working...
          X