Aero Wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aero Wipers

Just tried to fit the new aero wipres and ran into a little bit of a snag.

The driver's wiper fouls the bottom of the windscreen, or more accurately the rubber that overlaps the rain gulley at the bottom of the screen.

It is the wiper's spring clip that fouls the rubber and unfortunately its a bit too violent a rub to live with as it would destroy the rubber and then start on the gulley very quickly.

Has anyone else found this and is there a BTDT?

PS. bending the arm was definitely out as I'd have to bend it about 30degrees to avoid it rubbing.

Cheers
    Jim

Mine rubbed but a very small bend, stopped this.

You can see in the pic that when it rubbed it stopped the centre of the blade touching the screen at the bottom position.
    Attached Files
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Doug, where did you put the bend? I cannot see where I can bend the wiper arm to stop it?
      Jim

Comment

I bent it where the green arrow is pointing to.
        Attached Files

Comment

Doug, thanks. Done although from the photo mine needed a *lot* more bend than yours.
          Jim

Comment

I too have ordered Aero wipers. Mine will be from a 2002 A6. The wiper on the passenger side is a bit too long and it touches the A -pillar.
            The wiper arm for the driver side has not arrived yet. I will make pictures of it when mounted.
            However I did not manage to upload pictures to the forum in the past.

When looking @ the posted pictures it looks like the blades are mounted on the old arms. Is this correct?

Marcel
            Marcel

Comment

They are new arms as well. The kit of parts for this from vagparts uses one lupo arm IIRC(might be a lupo blade) so the blades don't touch the A-pillar.

Comment

Working...
              X