No announcement yet.

RS2 front bumper on S2 - bottom shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The standard S2 undertray locates in a stock S2 front bumper at the front without any fixings. The quarter turn fasteners at the rear and the two plastic nuts in the wheelarch are the only mechanical fixings. To locate the front it is retained in some 'tongues' which are integral to the front bumper as standard. The RS2 bumper does not have this arrangement and instead has a series of holes on the underside along the trailing edge. You can attach the stock S2 undertray to the RS2 bumper with a few self tapping screws and some 'penny' washers as I did. This is not necessary but it stops it flapping although it is fully constrained even if you don't make use of these holes since all the other retaining fasteners prevent any unwanted movement.

Lee
    1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
    Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

There are atleast two different undertrays for S2 (coupe), one with a front fixing (a hook) too. I've seen a MY91 without that front fixing, and my MY92 has a front fixing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee
        The standard S2 undertray locates in a stock S2 front bumper at the front without any fixings. The quarter turn fasteners at the rear and the two plastic nuts in the wheelarch are the only mechanical fixings. To locate the front it is retained in some 'tongues' which are integral to the front bumper as standard. The RS2 bumper does not have this arrangement and instead has a series of holes on the underside along the trailing edge. You can attach the stock S2 undertray to the RS2 bumper with a few self tapping screws and some 'penny' washers as I did. This is not necessary but it stops it flapping although it is fully constrained even if you don't make use of these holes since all the other retaining fasteners prevent any unwanted movement.

Lee
        Lee,
        thank you. That explains everything I wanted to know.

Greg
        They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by 90quattrocoupe
          Lee,
          thank you. That explains everything I wanted to know.

Greg
          Greg does this mean you will be selling your S2 bumper?

If so I am probably interested in it. you can send me an email at livinotte@cox.net

Thanks
          Josh
          I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got quattro?

Comment

Working...
          X