Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupe Lower Trims

Morning,

Any idea how the f**k I get the lower trims on the rear quarters of the Coupe? Don't say slide - I've tried time, and time, and time again. With no joy. And how do you fit the front wheelarch trim things on the bottom of those?

Thanks,
    Mike

The trims on the lower REAR quarter panel slide towards the rear wheel.

Spray lots of wd40 behind them and then PULL!

They will be tight as the chances are the plastic guides that hold them on have gone a but rusty where the mounting screw bolts to the body.

They will come off, but you *may* break the clips. New clips make re assembly much easier.

As for the front, I *think* it screws on somewhere, but I have not replaced these on my car.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Steve.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLarwood View Post
      Morning,

Any idea how the f**k I get the lower trims on the rear quarters of the Coupe? Don't say slide - I've tried time, and time, and time again. With no joy. And how do you fit the front wheelarch trim things on the bottom of those?

Thanks,
      Mike
      Sorry but they are made to slide off and on. One or some of the clips they slide onto is off center and is causing the moulding to get stuck. Carefully fiddle it up and down as you try to slide the moulding off.

Had the toughest time with my front ones too, just had the shop do it.
      Cheers mis amigos,
      _Anton

Comment

Open the door. Get a plastic mallet and "gently" tap the trim back from the front leading edge.
        Like Steve says, if they've not been off for years, they'll be really stiff to start with.
        2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
        2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
        1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Nah, I've got them off! I just can't get them back on! For the life of me!

Comment

I suspect you may need new clips (if you don't already) the old ones are likely to be Fubar'd...

Slowly slowly catch the monkey...

HTH

Cheers,

Steve.
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

If its not the clips getting mashed then it's the guides on the moulding themselves being twisted out of shape
              Cheers mis amigos,
              _Anton

Comment

much easier to do do this with
                1 new clips
                2 when its warm as the plastic trim is alot more malleable!

:mischeif:
                ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
                THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Working...
                X