X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deffo no rails!

Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Only my humble opinion but i think the rails should be there...they look a bit odd without them http://www.s2forum.com/photoplog/index.php?n=304 in the same way an RS2 looks wrong with again in my opinion with anything but the cup wheels. Two with and the far one without rails http://www.s2forum.com/photoplog/index.php?n=303
      S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Each to their own. I like either option although I was heavily looking into removing my rails when I saw a BMW estate and an Avant without rails in the wrong colour looks like a BMW

Comment

Originally posted by 20vQC View Post
          without looks cleaner, finer, exclusive.... better! lol
          I do agree! I have a Audi 80 with rails and it improves the stock look. I also have RS2 without rails and it looks cleaner! Wouldn't change any of them

Comment

nice example here as well
            Attached Files

Comment

Mine is going off too. The s2 look even lower and better without them I think.
              Anders - S2 Avant Clubsport - 8pots or die!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AndersS2 View Post
                Interesting, please keep us updated on that activity. I would like to see some pictures how the rails currently is fixated on the roof. And look forward to your experiences with closing the roof rails holes

Cheers

Comment

Agree with the comments above, better without

Comment

Originally posted by bram View Post
                    Interesting, please keep us updated on that activity. I would like to see some pictures how the rails currently is fixated on the roof. And look forward to your experiences with closing the roof rails holes

Cheers
                    There are studs thet are welded inside the car. You can see them by removing the roof handles.
                    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

AndersS2,

Originally posted by AndersS2 View Post
                      Looking forward to any photos of what's involved and any feedback or comments on how you get on with deleting the roof rails, as well as photos of the car before and after. ( If at all possible ).

Thanks and kind regards.

Comment

Originally posted by shark_90 View Post
                        Unfortunately when I removed mine I found that they screwed onto a mounting lug, so you would have to get this cut off and ground down and repainted, and it wouldn't be possible to refit them
                        Originally posted by Skull View Post
                        There are studs thet are welded inside the car. You can see them by removing the roof handles.
                        So to remove roof railings for repainting roof handles has to be removed first and behind them I can unscrew roof railings ?

Comment

Originally posted by sailaz View Post

So to remove roof railings for repainting roof handles has to be removed first and behind them I can unscrew roof railings ?
                          No. If you just want to remove the rails, caps on inside of rails prise off then you will see a screw.
                          Nothelle S2 Avant
                          Black Ur project
                          Ocianic Ur project gone
                          S2 Coupe project gone
                          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                          X