Known good windscreen fitters / centres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Known good windscreen fitters / centres

Hopefully this might be a useful sticky as the coupe windscreen replacement is a minefield and lottery where more people than not have problems.

Can anyone with a good experience please post with details of fitter (if possible), fitting centres and location?

Cheers
    Alex
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Search for Rotoryboy post on the subject, think the best one in the midlands is Coventry autoglass

Comment

Old School windscreens based in Chertsey Surrey. See website for more details. Recommended.

Comment

How about near Hemel and Watford in Hertfordshire? I have an avant that I don't want messed up!

Comment

autoglass oldham ask for simon to fit it. just dont spend a night out in town.

he knows whats what.

think you can throw an avant one in from 5 paces by the sounds of things

Comment

Ask for an audi glass only. it is a different shape. the pilkington looks wrong and is.

Comment

RAC Windscreens In Oxford. Not sure of fitters name but he was the supervisor with the most experience.

8/10 IMO.

Cheers,

Steve
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Christophski View Post
                How about near Hemel and Watford in Hertfordshire? I have an avant that I don't want messed up!
                Avants aren't a problem, they aren't riveted like a Coupe and are easy in comparison

Comment

Sweet! I think my seal along the bottom edge has sen better days and may b leaking

Comment

Can anyone recommend a good fitter in the south west/ Wales my car just failed MOT because of a fine 40mm crack on the passenger side that I'd never noticed.
                    Probably a blessing actually thee seal on the bottom of my windscreen has seen better days, probably causing my footwell puddle and the screen is slightly delaminated at the edges.
                    Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
                    03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
                    01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

Oh carp!! Just been reading more threads on this, sounds like I'm going to have a real challenge getting this done properly!

Comment

Urs4 avant needs one so Alex if u know a good local mobile fitter please let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by re2500 View Post
                          Oh carp!! Just been reading more threads on this, sounds like I'm going to have a real challenge getting this done properly!
                          Remove and re-fit the side trims yourself - no messing about then
                          Cheers'en, AndyC
                          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

To be honest its very easy dont believe all the scary posts you have read.

Like Andy said remove all the trim and rivits your self and all the fitter will need to do is bond the screen in
                            Chef

Comment

Cheers guys! Having not looked at it properly yet. Where are these infamous rivets? Are they plastic/aluminium. Do they require drilling. Is it advisable to replace with new ones.
                              Tbh this is all assuming that if the screen has been replaced before (likely) that it was done well before lol
                              Last edited by re2500; 22 September 2012, 09:51.

Comment

Working...
                              X