80 Central locking question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80 Central locking question

Im gonna stick remote locking in the 80Tdi (amazing how 2 or 3 sec in pissing rain sticking a key in the lock can annoy u!) and wanted to know, because of the air system, do i need to get a single actuator to drive over one lock to then operate the pump?

many thanks

AL

You used to be able to buy a kit that plugged straight in from vagparts, you could also look at a4's as they use a remote central locking kit that should fit providing the c/l pump is the same

Comment

Hmmmmm so the universal kits are not suitable? Sh*t! thought the pump might be a prob but thought i could just maybe use an actuator on say the drivers door to triger the existing central locking?

Comment

I'm not 100% sure how usefull they are, I know jas tried one on project sooty and said that he had problems with it getting hot.

Comment

The universal ones work, I have used a couple of the rclick ones, cost £30, value for money pretty good and easy to install.

http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info...roducts_id=671

Think that is the one Jason had, there is a thread about them on audifans.
          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Really? hmmm well since this is for Sooty2, i may investigate further. might pick one up na have a play with it anyways there only bout 15 quid. Cheers!
            AL

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
              The universal ones work, I have used a couple of the rclick ones, cost £30, value for money pretty good and easy to install.

http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info...roducts_id=671

Think that is the one Jason had, there is a thread about them on audifans.
              Are these easy to install (92 3b with manual central locking) for an electronic numpty like me?
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                Are these easy to install (92 3b with manual central locking) for an electronic numpty like me?
                Nope. I managed and I dislike electronics.

Step by step guide in this thread about half way down.

http://audifans.net/ftopict-24076-remote.html+locking
                Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Had Actuator as an interface on the suzuki when I got it, used to routinely blow fuses up in the dash because of the two systems working at cross perposes.

The 90, 100, S2, are directly wired as it really is a sinch. The Suzuki is now too.

Comment

hmmm does look like something i might actually be able to do

Will get the looooooooooong list of more pressing things ticked off then head for this I think

Cheers for the linky too
                    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I have forgotten my keys on the door 2 monhs ago .... I like it and may be I will try this ...

Thanks for the link

Comment

Put a Scorpoin Alarm purchased from Ebay in my fathers Pajero, I was mightilly impressed with the quality and how easilly it tied up to the CL. I think once ths S2 runs again I may well be changing the useless and irritating fob immobiliser for one. Might even do the remote boot release

Comment

Working...
                        X