Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have anymore pictures here, please?
    Bought new sills and going to change them one of the first days now. I was told that my car had a chassinumber newer than xxxxx and did not have to change the triangles at the same time? Anyone else got this message?
    '10 A5 Coupè 2.0TFSI REVO
    90 quattro

X- 91 S2 Coupè 467hp, 670nm!

Comment

I´ve read the thread and as I´ve changed my door seals already I thought I should make a contribution.

Looks like the way Paul chose to insert the "new" seal isn´t the easyest nor the correct way.

The seal should be inserted from the base of the A pillar till the top of the B pillar sliding it all along the rail, that should previous be greased with vaseline, begining with the end that rests near the top of the B pillar, this way there is no chance of bad insertion or damaging the seal and is much easier.

Comment

Having some serious water ingress at the moment. I have had a poke around in that area. The hard metal? part that fits against the chassis with rivets at the top of the window has a loose rivet at the front most part of it and it can move up and down a little at the front.

Is there a seal under this piece that I need before I go removing anything. I'm pretty convinced that the water is getting in behind that trim and then finding its into the door seal.

My seal is bulging with rust at the lower front corner too, so has been getting water in for a while!

Originally posted by psiconauta911 View Post
        The seal should be inserted from the base of the A pillar till the top of the B pillar sliding it all along the rail, that should previous be greased with vaseline, begining with the end that rests near the top of the B pillar, this way there is no chance of bad insertion or damaging the seal and is much easier.
        I'd advise against vaseline, being petroleum based it's not very seal friendly. A silicone based grease would be nicer to the rubber.
        Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

Please,can u post some pictures or video ,how u solve this problem and what have u done?

Thanks lot
          Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

anyone ?

Comment

I believe QuattroFever is correct. The water can get in between the black rivited trim and the body shell. Then it trickles its way all the way down the A pillar to the base of the door. Since it enters between the trim and shell it actually travels between the seal and the body edge. Removing the black trim by drilling the rivits and putting some of the black sticky sealing tape (like used on tail lights) between it and the body will help. Water I think can also enter between the seal and the body edge at the intersection of the A pillar and cowl. Once the water is in between them it is on a highway to the bottom of the door and then the floor. These things are tricky but at least they don't have T-Tops!
              Sorry for no pics, I am am travelling for work now and can't snap any. Hope this helps.

Comment

But how solve this?New seal are too expensive, i dont want to pay so much money and the result isnt 100% sure

Comment

Pull out the door seal rubber.
                  Drill out the rivets holding the metal trim piece to the roof and A pillar. pull the trim away enough to clean the mating surfaces.
                  Use a thin foam gasket (or silicon sealant) to seal the trim to the body.
                  Rivet the trim back in place.
                  Replace the door rubber.

This worked 100% on my car to stop the water running down the A pillar.

NB. If you use silicon sealant you may have trouble next time you need to replace the screen.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

are you mean somtehing like this?

Comment

Windscreen adhesive. Newsh got me to do my trim and it was definitely the cause.
                      Cheers'en, AndyC
                      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

do you have a picture or some link?I am not sure,what u mean...Thank you

Comment

Working...
                        X