New Wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Wing

When replacing a new wing with a genuine Audi part is it necessary to coat the inside of the wing with any sort of protection?? If so, any particular product that stands above others??

TIA

Originally posted by dhali7376 View Post
    When replacing a new wing with a genuine Audi part is it necessary to coat the inside of the wing with any sort of protection?? If so, any particular product that stands above others??

TIA
    I always stone-chip and paint the inside and anywhere else that ain't visible, I'm an amateur though. The more professional body-workers on hear may have different ideas.

cheers

rich
    sigpic
    "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
    BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
    1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
    2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

The new wing probably wont have a hole in it for the side repeater so you'll need to drill it before you paint it

Comment

Originally posted by rj scotty View Post
        I always stone-chip and paint the inside and anywhere else that ain't visible, I'm an amateur though. The more professional body-workers on hear may have different ideas.

cheers

rich
        would it be a good idea to use some sort of wax coating too?

Comment

Originally posted by shaun5 View Post
          The new wing probably wont have a hole in it for the side repeater so you'll need to drill it before you paint it
          will the holes be there for the side strips or will i have to drill those too?

Comment

Ask gt500 on here regarding proofing, I had a pair of new wings fitted to one of my ur's last year and they seriously went to town proofing them with a factory spech product then painted the wings off the car, but they were £1300 just fir the wings so I deffo wanted them proofing!
            3 Urs to keep , 95 Avant,
            shedmeister
            http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t144/jsquatts/

Comment

thanks AGAIN John

Comment

Dal make 100% sure when you order that they order RS2 rhd wings... S2/80 avant wings have an oval Audi badge hole low down and lhd will not have the indicator holes. Pm Rob GT500 he will be able to advise
                S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wyn View Post
                  Dal make 100% sure when you order that they order RS2 rhd wings... S2/80 avant wings have an oval Audi badge hole low down and lhd will not have the indicator holes. Pm Rob GT500 he will be able to advise
                  Audi RHD wings will have no indicator holes also, you have to cut them in.

Comment

the holes for the trim should be drilled, mine were. You will need the captive nuts that go on the lower, front of the wing.

Comment

Originally posted by shaun5 View Post
                      the holes for the trim should be drilled, mine were. You will need the captive nuts that go on the lower, front of the wing.
                      RS2 and Coupe wings are different

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wyn View Post
                        thanks Al, made sure they were RS2 as i was looking at the Etka screen as he was sourcing the part numbers.

Comment

From the man from Audi http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...9&postcount=17

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                            Audi RHD wings will have no indicator holes also, you have to cut them in.
                            any speacial tool required? or just a a reasonable sized bit and a file??

Comment

Of that I do not know unfortunately, I'd ask GT500 and S2avant as I'm sure they would know

Comment

Working...
                              X