No announcement yet.

Whats it worth??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By 2.3 n/a i mean 2.3 normally aspirated (as in not the S2). I'm only going by what I was told by VWAudiRecyling ( the guys who I got it from on Ebay) after I bought it.

The bumper doesn't clear the radiator pipes, and the tray under the engine (I haven't got a clue what it's called) rides up the inside which doesn't help!

The bumper came without lights and grills. The fog lights are around £35 each second hand, indicators £10 each, but the grills I don't know about. I reckon £120 all in is a fair price.

Comment

^^^odd as its exactly the same bumper thats fitted to the final editiom cabriolets and some of those were v6. £120 all in is massively underpriced
      Gav
      S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Originally posted by gavs20v View Post
        ^^^odd as its exactly the same bumper thats fitted to the final editiom cabriolets and some of those were v6. £120 all in is massively underpriced
        Gav
        Agree, if you get one cheaper than £100 your lucky.

Tbh how often do you see them come up for sale?

Sapphire cos running custom 2.8litre conversion,es cos rims,raven black leather interior and 500+ with the gas turned off.

Audi s2 cooking on gas

Comment

Its only worth what anyone is prepared to pay for it at the end of the day.

Comment

Who knows what its worth if someone needs it they will buy it, im sure you could pick one up at a breakers for £20 if you found one or you could use this forum to screw the *** out of people like plenty of other people do.

Comment

Originally posted by gavs20v View Post
              Gav

For some reason this bumper will fit the 80 V6 estate, saloon , and cabbie, but not the coupe 2.6E V6 and S2 which require the bumper with the front splitter thingy.

Just seen this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-80-1992-1...item279dec9427

Comment

I spotted that too, but reckon its probably very poor quality. A few points/costs

Its not genuine Audi
                It seem to have gaps down the side and front or needs some clip on trims
                Has no lower grills, fog lights or indicators
                Has no bumper brackets etc, think someone has posted about those one here, you really have to make them fit

Comment

Just to clarify I'm not breaking the car, I'm putting on a standard B3 bumper with no lights as I'm using it as a work horse which will involve some off roading and snow fun!

Cheers for the comments, ill come up with a price soon and stick it in the FS section, if I'm going get nowt for it ill keep it! Seems this has gone off thread a little..........

Are the 'you' references directed at me? If so I'm not sure what your point is as I cant get one for £20 and Im not trying to *** people over, Im trying to be fair...

Originally posted by s2pearl View Post
                  Who knows what its worth if someone needs it they will buy it, im sure you could pick one up at a breakers for £20 if you found one or you could use this forum to screw the *** out of people like plenty of other people do.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobs 1 View Post
                    For some reason this bumper will fit the 80 V6 estate, saloon , and cabbie, but not the coupe 2.6E V6 and S2 which require the bumper with the front splitter thingy.

Just seen this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-80-1992-1...item279dec9427
                    The item on eBay is tat, not comparable with OEM parts.

The fitting difference is due to the under trays being slightly different on V6/S2 Coupés and S2 Avants. Half of the cars I see have no under tray anyway and a tray to go with this bumper should you want to put it on a Coupés V6/S2 or S2 Avant can be easily sourced. That said, I'd of though this bumper would appeal more to those wanting to upgrade a non V6 Coupés /S2 car as the V6/S2 bumper looks great IMO.

Value wise I'd say £280/£300 with the lights and grills would be top money, I'd probably let it go for a little less. One only has to look on German eBay for the price of RS2 fog lights ect to work this out.
                    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
                    X