No announcement yet.

URS4 centre rear light panel removal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URS4 centre rear light panel removal??

I've searched a load of other forums as well as this one for clues but need help again.
    I'm fairly clued up but I'm not gonna bust this just because I'm in a rush.

I've got a leak into the boot (open it right up and water drains out of it into the wheelwell), bought some buyl sealing bead and am going to re-seal each light on the back one after the other.
    Starting with the centre light panel..........................or so I thought

How the funk does this come off? I've removed 3 nuts from the l/h/s side and 5 or so from the r/h/s including the two around the lock assy.
    I've taken the number plate and it's surround off also.
    But it have no give what so ever. One of the lock assy bolts seems to be holding tight in it's hole but I would expect that even with this I could get a bit of "flex/lift" at the other end.

Is that all there is to it? Is it holding on the bolt? Or is there some sealing tape holding it tight? Do I just need to pull harder?
    Looking along the top of the panel and the underside of the boot overhang from the end I can see there is no seal there, Is that normal? It seems to me that any water can run off the back edge of the boot and get in the gap there and therefore into the boot?

Originally posted by Algernon View Post
    I've searched a load of other forums as well as this one for clues but need help again.
    I'm fairly clued up but I'm not gonna bust this just because I'm in a rush.

I've got a leak into the boot (open it right up and water drains out of it into the wheelwell), bought some buyl sealing bead and am going to re-seal each light on the back one after the other.
    Starting with the centre light panel..........................or so I thought

How the funk does this come off? I've removed 3 nuts from the l/h/s side and 5 or so from the r/h/s including the two around the lock assy.
    I've taken the number plate and it's surround off also.
    But it have no give what so ever. One of the lock assy bolts seems to be holding tight in it's hole but I would expect that even with this I could get a bit of "flex/lift" at the other end.

Is that all there is to it? Is it holding on the bolt? Or is there some sealing tape holding it tight? Do I just need to pull harder?
    Looking along the top of the panel and the underside of the boot overhang from the end I can see there is no seal there, Is that normal? It seems to me that any water can run off the back edge of the boot and get in the gap there and therefore into the boot?
    it is held on by sealant, probably similar to the stuff you have bought.go gently when pulling it off as it won't take much to crack the lens

Comment

Cheers.
      Thought as much
      "DAGNABBIT!!!"

Comment

Hairdryer and a long steel rule will help...dont ask...
        Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

...stanley blade around the edge - BTW - the sealant is stickier than a sticky substance on a balmy stick evening - I was picking it out of my Air force 1's for weeks! ;-)

Comment

Working...
          X