Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aero Wiper kits - Coupe / Avant - any interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers Pete.

I've got a second arm and shorter blade on order to try and get it all nice and level up front.

Coupe rear is a work in progress, would be nice to get it all working properly.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I've been having a good look at wiper blades on newer cars over the last day or two and most seem to sit as per my original picture, rather than all being nice and level and looking neat and tidy! Will be getting another driver's side arm and short blade to play with and might have identified a suitable rear wiper arm off another VAG product, the merc. one needs modifying so isn't a simple proposition...
      Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

I'm guessing that the price has put pay to this idea? I could look for an alternate supplier (to VAG) but then you're into the realms of poor quality Chinese stuff that can be more hassle than it's worth...
        Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Anything further on this?

Also does anyone know if the wiper linkage and holes are different for the USDM left hand drive cars VS right hand drive? I would like to get a better wiper setup

Anyone have any experience with the Bonrath Single wiper conversions? If so hows the sweep angle and speed?
          I refuse to tip toe through life only to arrive safely at death.

91 CQ Titan
          95 UrS6
          88 80 Quattro
          85 Volvo 245T 5 spd
          98 Disco (more leaks than BP)

Comment

This died a very quick death, I assume due to lots of confusing information posted early on... and the prices of the parts now

Not sure on LHD I'm afraid, I would assume* that you just get the parts from a LHD Lupo.

*assumption is the mother of all F'ups

Check out Wolfgang's threads, he might have fitted front aero wipers to match his Mercedes rear item...

There's also the option of getting the 475mm short blade rather than the offset item for the passenger side. This will stop it all overhanging the curved winscreen.
            Cheers'en, AndyC

Comment

Thanks... I'll circle back and let everyone know what I find

Agreed, when you assume you make an "@$$ out of u and me"
              I refuse to tip toe through life only to arrive safely at death.

91 CQ Titan
              95 UrS6
              88 80 Quattro
              85 Volvo 245T 5 spd
              98 Disco (more leaks than BP)

Comment

Hello. Excuse me for the UP.

How is the info? You made some probes and adjusts?
                Do you know the correct references?

I tried with some VAG's arms and I don't want open the motor bay to "up" the arms.

>excuse me for my poor english<
                photobucket SUCKS
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X