Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

993 mirrors + RS2 adapter...is this possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 993 mirrors on my Coupe. The door skin needed to be modified and I am not 100% happy with the attachment.
    I plan to machine a block to bolt in the stock mirror holes in the door. The block will have features such that the 993 mirror will attach to it. Right now the mirrir is attached to the door skin on the lower side.
    I haven't even attempted the wiring yet. I was hoping to buy the 993 door harness connector but was told that the connectors are not available individually. I guess it will be home made...
    Dave K.
    USA
    1991 e//S2 (home built S2 - the only way to get one in USA!)
    2001 S4

Comment

Originally posted by desmo888
      I have 993 mirrors on my Coupe. The door skin needed to be modified and I am not 100% happy with the attachment.
      I plan to machine a block to bolt in the stock mirror holes in the door. The block will have features such that the 993 mirror will attach to it. Right now the mirrir is attached to the door skin on the lower side.
      I haven't even attempted the wiring yet. I was hoping to buy the 993 door harness connector but was told that the connectors are not available individually. I guess it will be home made...
      David,
      I'm pretty local to you. You should have come out for the GTG in Cumberland MD. Check pics here: http://www.nononsenseaudi.com/albums/Cumberland,MD(GTG&autox)/index1.htm

Anyway, I was curious if you have any pics of these mirrors on your coupe. I don't mind modifying the door skin...993 mirrors can be had used for less than $200 from the right source, so a little dremel won't hurt anybody!
      Joe "NoNonsense"
      axis motorsport
      joe@axismotorsport.com

"At the end of the game, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."

Comment

Working...
      X