HELP!: Coupe Rear Bumper Measurements Needed ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!: Coupe Rear Bumper Measurements Needed ASAP

Is there anyone breaking a Coupe or have the rear bumper removed and is willing to help a mate out with some quick measurements?

I am looking for where the mounting holes are in relation to the body lines (outside). Say from where the under tail light sheet metal turns behind the rear bumper (there is a horizontal body seam there) to the upper and lower mount holes. And from the vertical corner body seam in to the axis where the upper and lower holes are.

Pictures with a tape measure are definitely the best

There are a few of us across the pond trying to install rear bumpers proper and actually fabricate an accurate conversion plate, so we really appreciate any help on this!

Cheers
    "My Knuckles bleed on the quest for speed"

let me know what your up to jack. i have a s2 rear bumper about to paint and install also. i havent even tried aligning anything with the current brackets that were shipped with the rear s2.

edit: i figure i will probably just drill holes to mount the brackets i have in the proper spot for mounting. otherwise make some custom ones.
    Last edited by tecknoquatt; 20 February 2011, 03:24.

Comment

I have the rear bumper off my coupe at the mo, I'll post up some measurements later

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tecknoquatt View Post
        let me know what your up to jack. i have a s2 rear bumper about to paint and install also. i havent even tried aligning anything with the current brackets that were shipped with the rear s2.

edit: i figure i will probably just drill holes to mount the brackets i have in the proper spot for mounting. otherwise make some custom ones.
        Myself and another member are fabricating an inexpensive alternative to mounting in the form of mounts that will allow us US guys to mount the S2 rear bumper using the factory, US spec holes (drill no new holes and be required to fill no holes).

The S2 bumper WILL NOT fit on the US chassis. You will have to drill new holes and can only use one nut per side (not so kosher) since the European cars do not have a boxed frame that comes completely to the back of the car (you'll have to see the picture attached for yourself. We are fully boxed to the back here in the US, they have easy access to nuts, ).

We can make you a set if interested.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by dean16v; 21 February 2011, 20:22.

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
          I have the rear bumper off my coupe at the mo, I'll post up some measurements later
          Thanks mate, please keep me posted!

Comment

Working...
          X