URGENT: Window Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT: Window Help!

What's the quickest way to get an electric window back up if the switch is doing nothing? Don't care if it doesn't work long term... just need to get it up now, before the scallys jump in my car and nick/burn/trash it!
    1993 ABY Coupe | BMW R1200 GS
    A6 3.0 TDI Quattro (aka Sonic's 'ring support/cargo vehicle )

Switch swap from the good window
    S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Unfortunately there isn't a good window.

It's both windows that aren't working so I suspect the relay. I can get a new relay if that is the case, but that ain't gonna happen before it gets dark and the chavs come out

Comment

Yep, I just took the relay out and tapped it upside down on the ground and then put it back in. Its been working fine since.

Its behind the parcel shelf and is the big double relay, I think it looks like this.
        Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Great - I'll try that. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Don't care if it doesn't work long term... just need to get it up now
            http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

I have found that when my windows fail it normally the switch try swapping contacts for the other switch to get it up
              RS 2 580HP

Comment

Last time my failed it was the motor getting chewed up, had to take it all to pieces.
                S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

@prj

Got it now - cheers guys.

I took the parcel shelf out and was looking around for ages trying to find the 343 relay. After a while I decided to then look on the layout diagram stuck to the inside of the shelf. Turns out the "random bit of circuit" I'd spotted earlier was in fact the 343 relay - just missing its cover.

I'm guessing someone has had trouble with this one before.

Anyway, cleaned up, given some physical motivation, seems to be working for now.

Probably best ordering a new one... and not using my windows until I have it.

Of course, the whole affair would have been easier if:
                  • I didn't have to do it in the pub car park.
                  • The beer garden wasn't being used for a particularly loud children's party.
                  • I didn't hate children and find their noise-making unbearable.

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X