No announcement yet.

leaking sunroof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this part right plse look at previous post.

Comment

the motor housing should be alloy not plastic. There are two types, normal two way switch and the rotary pre-select which are rarer. The motors are visually the same but are different. HTH
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I can,t fit the alloy ones iv got as the harness only fits the plastic one shown. i don,t want to buy another one as they asking ÂŁ40 + p+p iff the one iv got is ok iv tried to check while off the car but no joy. not sure what else to do. the plastic housing fits over the alloy body of the motor and the harness plugs in to it.
        Last edited by bilko0795; 4 January 2012, 14:40. Reason: more info

Comment

hmmm, pics required I think mate... someone off the forum will help you out with a motor, try Acidburn he has about 15 of everything
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

i use guildford tps for parts and get some discount if that helps , there number is 01483 573801 - ian is a nice guy to speak too
            NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

As requested some pics of two set ups the one on the left is the one fitted to the car and my spare it looks as iff the relay is incorparated within the plastic housing iv checked and its the same one for the A8 D2. There,s no part no on the plastic housing only the motor. and it,s 895-959-591C the other is 895-877-795B from an avant all the others all have the same number as the avant motor. can someone check the part no on etka for me plse.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                I know they are a pain in the *** sometimes, but I think mainly because they are not cheap or simple cars to work on, so people tend to not bother fixing them properly half the time!
                I agree, when it is not an obvious fault, e.g. a boost leak, or worst still, some difficult to trace electrical issue causing sudden limp mode etc. can be very trying / frustrating.

As mentioned, is the tray in place ?

Are the drain holes at the front and back of the sunroof clear and free flowing. If sticking a folded over at the top, straighten out coat hanger, make sure not to push too hard against any obstruction you might encounter, as you don't want to puncture the tube or push the tube off from where it is mounted just at the start of the drain hole in the sunroof.

To me, a non expert, it seems that you have the wrong spare roof motor.

Take your time and hold out for the right motor that is an exact match in part number and appearance, even if it costs a bit more, well worth it in the long run, in the meantime to take the pressure off yourself, shut the roof manually and if necessary seal it on the outside with some gaffer tape to stop any ingress of water. You may wnat to put on a bit of insulatation tape fiorst as if you leave on the gaffer tape for too long it breaks down and leaves a tough enough resideu to get off the paint.

Not sure if any of the above helps, but at least I tried.

Comment

Originally posted by bilko0795 View Post
                  As requested some pics of two set ups the one on the left is the one fitted to the car and my spare it looks as iff the relay is incorparated within the plastic housing iv checked and its the same one for the A8 D2. There,s no part no on the plastic housing only the motor. and it,s 895-959-591C the other is 895-877-795B from an avant all the others all have the same number as the avant motor. can someone check the part no on etka for me plse.
                  From memory the motor with the plastic housing is for the pre select sunroof, the one without is for a regular toggle switch sunroof.
                  91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                  93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                  94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Thanks for thr info as anybody have an S2 with the pre-select switch and have they got a photo of it plse. the one i have iff it is a pre-select motor has a toggle switch and when you press it the sunroof only moves back an inch or will rise up and thats it im thinking iff it is the pr-select one then maybe i need the right switch and then it will work how it should.

Comment

The pre select switch is a rotary dial, you turn it and the sunroof then opens to that position. If you have a toggle switch like the windows that is a normal switch.
                      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Working...
                      X