Door card seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door card seals

As it appears to be a very common prob and parts are now obsolete I'm thinking of trying to make some of the rubber end seals at the top of the door cards. Anyone attempted this???

Id be interested in some if you manage to get them made up ok
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I'll see what happens first the originals are obviously quite detailed. I'm going to try to make some to fill the void to beaten things up and direct as much water as poss. If I manage something I'll post a pic. One of biggest problem is finding one that's not disintegrated like mine and my brothers have.

Comment

You can buy 3 of them from Audi Tradition, the final one should be available soon.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
        sigpic

Comment

I've read a very long thread dating back to 2010 where people were getting very annoyed about getting only 3 parts. It was mentioned back then that fourth would be available soon. Unless it is confirmed I'm going to see if I can do a blue Peter jobbie...

Comment

Had a look on Audi tradition and could only find 895 867 691 searching for 692 693 694 returns no results

Comment

Well if you can make the missing part then I will have one, I got the other 3 last year. Having said that I did manage to get the car watertight without having them at all.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
              sigpic

Comment

My car doesn't leak. Yet! But it's the void at back of door exposing the inner door that I want to cover. I'll see what happens

Comment

I've had a couple of failed attempts at this and tonight think i may have finally come up with a pair of seals for the rear of he door cards. They are by no means as detailed as the originals as they are made from flat rubber however they make a good seal and cover the huge void at the rear of the door card which exposed the handle workings.
                  They didn't require any modifications to the door card.
                  I will post some pictures soon....

Comment

I was able to get all four from Audi Tradition in 2010.

55 euro including shipping to NZ. Four tiny seals came in a massive box along with a heap of bagged air

Edit: Typo
                    --
                    '96 S2 Coupe
                    '84 ur Quattro
                    '72 MGB

Comment

I spent a while looking and you can't get the one rear one. In an ideal world with something to work from i'd find a company with the expertise to make some replicas but that would be difficult. Anyway these little bits here and there will bankrupt me £64 for an S2 badge for example!!!
                      The one I have made looks good enough and does create a seal. The way i look at it at least I haven't got a huge hole there anymore.

Comment

PS I would imagine your car is a rare sight in NZ. I went driving around the south island a few years back. What a place and the best bit very little traffic, lovely

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
                          PS I would imagine your car is a rare sight in NZ. I went driving around the south island a few years back. What a place and the best bit very little traffic, lovely
                          Not many S2s or RS2s here, although we do have an (imported) S2 Nothelle Avant & also an S2 sedan. Not to hijack your thread (too much), but there's a great pic of an RS2 being unloaded from an Air NZ Boeing 747 in 1995. Worth a look on our forum: http://www.vask.org.nz/index.php/top...msg227366.html

Excellent roads in the South Island too; I think that I'm overdue for a roadtrip.

Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
                          I spent a while looking and you can't get the one rear one. In an ideal world with something to work from i'd find a company with the expertise to make some replicas but that would be difficult. Anyway these little bits here and there will bankrupt me £64 for an S2 badge for example!!!
                          The one I have made looks good enough and does create a seal. The way i look at it at least I haven't got a huge hole there anymore.
                          It was starting to drive me nuts having a big gaping hole where one of the seals had disintegrated in my car. Glad that you've got one sorted.

George
                          --
                          '96 S2 Coupe
                          '84 ur Quattro
                          '72 MGB

Comment

Working...
                          X