3b and aby radiator covers difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3b and aby radiator covers difference

anybody know about difference between 3b and aby(adu) radiator plastic cover?
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Real carbon parts for S2 and RS2. Check Carbondesign on facebook

I have one on both and don't recall any differences. Its even the same on the 90 20v I have.

Comment

the B3 ones are definitely different as the slam panels are different, I had to use an ABY one when I put the B4 front end on my car, not sure about 3B Vs ABY
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Only difference i know of is ABY models have a guard over the PAS pump pulley, where as on earlier cars the guard was part of the alloy mounting bracket for the pump.
        91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
        93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
        94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

ahha maybe I have a 3B one then.... I will take a pic of both of mine for reference
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            ahha maybe I have a 3B one then.... I will take a pic of both of mine for reference
            thanks for that.
            --------------------------------------------------------
            Real carbon parts for S2 and RS2. Check Carbondesign on facebook

Comment

You learn something new every day

Comment

Originally posted by mcandmar View Post
                Only difference i know of is ABY models have a guard over the PAS pump pulley, where as on earlier cars the guard was part of the alloy mounting bracket for the pump.
                Sorry ignore that, just had a look though a few pics and the 3B has it too. I could have sworn it was different.

However i did notice a difference on the right hand side, early B3 and 3b's had a water tank next to the rad where as ABY is inside the wing. So basically the ABY one is larger to cover that area. B3/7A looks different shape, but the 3B and ABY look the same apart from the right hand corner. I bet you could just make ABY versions and trim them to fit 3B's.
                Attached Files
                91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Here we go, 7A one on top (893 121 293), 3B/ABY (8A0 121 293) on the bottom.
                  There are subtle variations in shape that means the 7A one does not fit the B4 slam panel

Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                  X