No announcement yet.

widebody/arched avants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I that's more like itI'm a firm believer in going full Hogg if your gonna do something! Them rears look like they could be at least 305's

Comment

That's an interesting motor!

Why 245 front and 325 rear tyres? 13" wide rear wheels
      Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
      Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Wow just seen the wheel specs in the article! 325 rears

Comment

The car was originally built by MTM. Here's an email I got way back when:

Anyhow this is the story of my car with the video-guys:

MTM took a brand new S4 94 model from the factory loaded with all options on order from a man in Hamburg who were running a painting company. The order were: make it wide, low and fast enough for 300 km/h. Michael Weber(second in command at MTM now) was just graduated from University and the building of this car was his diploma-test. It included testing by TUV all documented with calculations from Michael. If he had not done this I would not have had the possibility to bring the car to Norway and get plates on it. We are blessed in Norway that way-all thats approved in Germany is approved in Norway.

The guy from Hamburg(first owner) paid around 330000 DM(around 150000 USD) for the car and modifications, beeing twice as expencive as a 911Turbo. When Hans Dahlback started his company in Sweden as an official importer to MTM, he borrowed the car a summer for the promotion of his new company. There are some nice pictures of it at the Dalback site. I came over it with a tip from MTM, that it was for sale. When I bought it 3 years ago it was with mixed feelings since the car was in a not too good shape, having broken the pistons and connecting rods two times but I liked the sexy body and started to build the motor, and got extremely good help from MTM since they liked that somebody was taking good care of the car. The interior is black and blue leather(not alcantera) ala the S6 plus with alcantera in the roof, no sun hatch to get a stiffer body. A S6 tree spoke steering wheel is installed, and some of the S6's mouldings on the body.

The body is modified with kevlar front fenders, front and rear bumper, rear doors and of course rear fenders.It was fitted with Bugatti EB120 wheels on a center-nut arrangement(instead of five bolts.12"-325/30-18 rear and 10"-265/35-18 up front). To achieve the double exhaust they also modified the trunk where the spare tire usually are, and fitted another 100 liters gas tank in addition to the original 80 liters tank.

The engine is around 420HP/600Nm @1,7 barg boost now. It has stock block and crank, Autoverdi H-beam rods,DTM Mahle 8,5:1 CR pistons with stainless rings. All balanced and blueprinted with a smaller flywheel(S2-3B engine) and a sinter clutch from Sachs. Modified head with stock intake and 7A exh cam,RS2 MAF and RS2 Injectors @5,0barg fuel pressure,3 barg sensor and software from MTM, Sport quattro exh manifold and Intercooler(10"x4"x24"),with a MTM hybrid(watercooled) turbo: KKK27(cold side) and KKK26#8(hot side),stock AAN intake manifold is reworked with the maintenance tubes inside it cut off, a 3 1/2" downpipe divided into two race cats and two 2 1/2" pipes all the way back with a middle damper and rear dampers.It has an extra cooling water radiator on the left side where the stock IC is and a big oilcooler on the right side. Gearbox is now RS2(CRB) which I have installed instead of the original 6 speed(very noisy in the end) and the engine now has more than 50000 miles on it with no problem at all(knock on wood.....)

I have driven it at more than 300 km/h @ 7400 rpms in Germany, and it is doing the 1/8 mile in 8,1 sec with 90 mph at the end.

Springs are Eibach with yellow Konis, 28mm front bar, 26mm(from Hap Maquire) rear bar. Front brakes are MOVIT 330mmx34 with 993TT calipers, and I am now building rearbrakes 322x28mm with RS2 front calipers(968CS) and the RS2 parking brake system.

Some pics can be seen here: http://www.audipassion.com/fr/actual...420ch_main.htm

And there is probably more , but it will have to wait, best regards Joern

Hap, wit dakine story not from Evahboost, Maguire

Comment

An interesting spec, good to see that not that much has needed to change in terms of tuning to get good results.
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by josh_28 View Post
              im just curious.. you see all the abt and wide arched coupes and they all look really good.. has any one ever done anything similar with an avant... custom or off-shelf parts.. i'd just like to see pics and see if it would be worth the bother?...

as front wings could be easily sourced (acm and the likes)..
              just building the rear arches would have to widen on to the door to look any good id guess like rs4's are..
              could even just modify the panels that you buy for coupes i guess?

anyone any thoughts?
              Hi Josh,
              One of my customers was in Tenby last weekend, and saw an Avant 'Same colour as yours' , ie Ruby Red. Could it be yours?? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonybolony View Post
                Hi Josh,
                One of my customers was in Tenby last weekend, and saw an Avant 'Same colour as yours' , ie Ruby Red. Could it be yours?? Just curious.
                wouldn't have thought so mine looks like this atm and is not red lol

I am near Tenby though and tbh thought I was only s2 avant in my area..
                I know there's a coupe in Pembroke dock by me but no avants.. Could be tourists it is Easter time

Comment

Originally posted by josh_28 View Post
                  wouldn't have thought so mine looks like this atm and is not red lol

I am near Tenby though and tbh thought I was only s2 avant in my area..
                  I know there's a coupe in Pembroke dock by me but no avants.. Could be tourists it is Easter time
                  You sure it wasn't yours??
                  He was wearing Glasses tho!!!!
                  Good luck with the Project Josh.

Comment

Working...
                  X