How to remove wing badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove wing badges

Hi all i want to remove my wing badges on my avant, is this possible without taking the wings off? cheers

Easiest way is to use flat screwdriver and pop it off. If you want to completely avoid damaging paint, take out inner arch liner and push badge out from inside, badge has two pins holding it through wing.

Comment

Originally posted by mdz View Post
      Easiest way is to use flat screwdriver and pop it off. If you want to completely avoid damaging paint, take out inner arch liner and push badge out from inside, badge has two pins holding it through wing.
      cheers mdz

Comment

The badges either have two pins which locate in to a plastic sleeve or are stuck on with a double sided type foam tape. If you intend to remove them layer the painted area that you are going to lever off with masking tape to avoid damage and select your tool wisely and be gentle..!
        Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

If they're stuck on with foam tape use fishing line to cut through the tape. This works well on number plates too.
          Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyNut View Post
            The badges either have two pins which locate in to a plastic sleeve or are stuck on with a double sided type foam tape. If you intend to remove them layer the painted area that you are going to lever off with masking tape to avoid damage and select your tool wisely and be gentle..!
            Cheers rustynut, just done it it had 2 pins , I might even remove the carbon canister while I'm there

Comment

Working...
            X