X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can see this going on a while lol

Comment

Andy

Be warned, the mirrors might look good but visibility from them is total cr@p IMHO

Comment

You got to remember we have clocks older than Canada. So this leads me to think we are correct..
        Also the wing mirror ( fender) is because you can see your rear wing.. Made that up..
        An the view is pants

Comment

Originally posted by darkhorse1210 View Post

Be warned, the mirrors might look good but visibility from them is total cr@p IMHO
          Whys this then ?
          The actual glass surface area is of a similar size to standard mirrors !
          For what this cost me so far I could have bought an S2

Comment

Originally posted by gripper View Post
            Whys this then ?
            The actual glass surface area is of a similar size to standard mirrors !
            I can't put my finger on it, maybe it's not the mirrors but I reckon visibility to the rear is one of the worst I have had on any car, then again I haven't owned any other Avants/Estates...could well be that?

From what he's saying Pix has the same 'view'....

Comment

I agree the view is not quite as good as stock mirrors, make sure you get RHD ones as LHD (what i had) are even worse.
              I'd get some again, and they look cool.

Comment

Because the RS2 mirrors are like tear drops, the mirror glass is a triangular shape and because of that you loose things in the upper outer corners that you'd see in a square or flag mirror as they're often referred to.

Comment

Thanks for the continued input guys, anyone got a set they want to sell?

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs View Post
                    I agree the view is not quite as good as stock mirrors, make sure you get RHD ones as LHD (what i had) are even worse.
                    I'd get some again, and they look cool.
                    Hi Martin,

could you describe what makes lhd vs rhd rs2 door mirrors different physically? I've done a search that never actually revealed the difference other than opinion. In that search someone had mentioned that switching rhd and lhd driver mounts would yield better angle on the mirror housing for greater visibility.
                    Cheers mis amigos,
                    _Anton

Comment

Yes thee housings sit at different angles.
                      If you need your seat adjusted quite far back like myself you need to have the mirror adjusted fully out and it still wasn't perfect (in my case)
                      Also the drivers glass is different.

Comment

Originally posted by rs2coupe View Post
                        Hi Martin,

could you describe what makes lhd vs rhd rs2 door mirrors different physically? I've done a search that never actually revealed the difference other than opinion. In that search someone had mentioned that switching rhd and lhd driver mounts would yield better angle on the mirror housing for greater visibility.
                        As said, the RS2 mirror bases are unique to the RS2. Anything else is a bit of a bodge.
                        And yes. The housings are different between LHD and RHD.

Sit in the passenger seat, then try to adjust your mirrors as if you are the driver, then you will see the issue.

I find with teardrop Porsche mirrors they need to be adjusted perfectly to ensure good visibility.
                        The horizon needs to level with the widest part of the mirror, and the car body side should only just be visible on the inside edge.
                        SS

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
                          I find with teardrop Porsche mirrors they need to be adjusted perfectly to ensure good visibility.
                          The horizon needs to level with the widest part of the mirror, and the car body side should only just be visible on the inside edge.
                          I'd agree with that. It is possible to get convex mirror glass from Porsche from the 993, has anyone tried them to see what that's like?

Comment

Originally posted by LGK6D View Post
                            I'd agree with that. It is possible to get convex mirror glass from Porsche from the 993, has anyone tried them to see what that's like?
                            The drivers glass on both RHD and LHD are convex already.

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs View Post
                              The drivers glass on both RHD and LHD are convex already.
                              How odd, my RS2 mirrors are flat?

Comment

Its very subtle, the actual mirror face is flat, you need to hold both sides together to really see the difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X