No announcement yet.

Cracks between turrets and firewall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As above, the crack on our old GT you could get a screwdriver blade in, and if you shone a torch up under the dash when it was dark, you could see the torchlight inside the engine bay... Those just look like shrinkage from the photos.
    85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
    93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
      When we dismantled my old Audi Coupe GT back in 1999, it'd run 10 years with hard suspension and a huge front Anti Roll Bar, and there was a curved 'crack' about 12inches long right around the top of the bell housing recess. Since then, I've always stuck with rubber... (said the actress to the Bishop)....

I also had a crack on my B2, more of a tear really which started at the top of the bell housing and made its way all the way down the passengers footwell. This however was due to excessive engine slop and kick. Being a front wheel drive with with the single gearbox mount on the body and over 1.5 bar, it pulled the body down with every kick of the engine. I could fit my fingers through these cracks.

I think the cracks you have is just aged hardened sealer gone through years of heat cycles and unable to flex. I wouldn't worry.

Attached Files
      ABY S2 stroker (work in progress)

B5 1.8T quattro

B4 2.3 (decommissioned)

Comment

Working...
      X