I'll pop over both days then if that's ok
        No probs, you can see me take my big reds off and put my big blacks on
        Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
        S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by rotoryboy
          No probs, you can see me take my big reds off and put my big blacks on
          Any idea what time Mark?
          2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
          2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
          1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Graham is going to ring me when he gets there, he reckons about 1100 ish
            Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
            S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by rotoryboy
              Graham is going to ring me when he gets there, he reckons about 1100 ish
              Ok dude,,,,I'll make it along at around 12 noon
              Catch ya then
              2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

ISV's are not cheap, IIRC i think they are in the 150 quid region, after it is clean spray in in a nice quality oil, or pour some in, i found thin oils like WD40 are a bit too thin and dry out too quickly, i just put some Mineral hydraulic oil in, nice and light with excellent lubrication properties.
                Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Graham
                  ISV's are not cheap, IIRC i think they are in the 150 quid region, after it is clean spray in in a nice quality oil, or pour some in, i found thin oils like WD40 are a bit too thin and dry out too quickly, i just put some Mineral hydraulic oil in, nice and light with excellent lubrication properties.
                  Goo2000 ok to use? Thats the only mineral hydraulic oil I've got
                  2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

As long as it is mineral and has no silicone in it, i suppose it will do, cannot see it causing damage, it is only there as a lubricant, and that is partly its job.
                    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

As long as it is mineral and has no silicone in it, i suppose it will do, cannot see it causing damage, it is only there as a lubricant, and that is partly its job.
                      Cheers Graham
                      Remember when we were at the last meet, and my bro mentioned that his car was using a bit too much fuel? and you suggested as his car was also running a bit on the cold side, it may be his thermostat????
                      guess what,,,,,,,,,,it was,,,,,,,but the reason the stat was fecked? never seen this before,,,,,how in the hell did it get in there

2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

It looks as if somebody has done that on purpose
                        S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
                          It looks as if somebody has done that on purpose
                          Yeah Doug,,,,that crossed our minds too,,,,,but why would someone want to jam a cable tie in the stat
                          2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Originally posted by Fourrings
                            Yeah Doug,,,,that crossed our minds too,,,,,but why would someone want to jam a cable tie in the stat
                            the other question that needs to be asked is where's the rest of it? doubt that it's cause a real problem....hopefully just get stuck in the t-stat again.....
                            1993 UrS4...aka the rocket powered living room

Comment

Mad as fook how the hell did that get in there . Oh well at least it will be running properly now, and maybe give a little more boost if the car wasnt warming up properly before as i thing the ECU cuts boost till the car is up to temperature- correct me if i am wrong-. Glad its fixed though. Was going to go to Grahams tomorrow but i am nopw helping rebuild my dads fence as it blew down last night

Comment

Mad as fook how the hell did that get in there . Oh well at least it will be running properly now, and maybe give a little more boost if the car wasnt warming up properly before as i thing the ECU cuts boost till the car is up to temperature- correct me if i am wrong-. Glad its fixed though. Was going to go to Grahams tomorrow but i am nopw helping rebuild my dads fence as it blew down last night
                                Weird huh???
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Graham! sorted the ISV this morning (nice to be able to go outside without being soaked and blown on your *** )
                                Jeez, was there not some crap came out of that valve , anyway, kept on spraying in cleaner and shaking like hell until the cleaner started to run out clear,,,,then poured in one cap full of Goo2000 pas fluid and refitted,,,,yay,,no more bouncey revs again (funny,,,,,but I replaced the DV last year and this stopped it for a while )
                                Anyway,,,,,,dip the clutch and the revs drop nicely down to 850rpm and stay there.
                                Got the pressure testing kit off Graham yeterday dude,,,,thank you very much,,,,,next meet, drinks are on me
                                Cheers mate
                                Last edited by Jas11n; 9 January 2005, 13:41.
                                2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.

Comment

Working...
                                X