No announcement yet.

Paint code needed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a pearl blue ( LZ5T ) A6 in C4 chassis and although fairly dark in certain lights, it really pops much much brighter in bright sunshine.Indigo blue is a very dark pearl colour ( LZ5U ) and in low light levels somebody could mistake it for being almost black ( my own personal experience ) My records show 88-90 on type 89 coupe should be Nautic metalic ( LY5Z ) again in the right light will look almost black.But in 1991 ( your car year ) on type 89 Indigo blue pearl was introduced.
    Indigo was also used on S2 cars for reference too until 95 model year when Ming blue deleted Indigo. My guess its Indigo and quite a rare colour only seen a few. Surprised Audi could'nt help.
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

After spending about an hour on it he above reply onece posted i could see it has been gazumped in the meantime by everyone else.Honestly!! Oh well glad you know now
      94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Thank you Voursch, excellent info! So basically, they only made the Type89s in LZ5U... so that is pretty rare. The comments I had in the first post were at Castle Combe circuit for an Audi Driver track day back in ~2000-2001. Seem to remember someone driving a brand new purple-ish RS4 (380BHP?) straight into Quarry corner in the wet. It was a rather rainy day at the time

Comment

Originally posted by voursch sprung dirch View Post
          After spending about an hour on it he above reply onece posted i could see it has been gazumped in the meantime by everyone else.Honestly!! Oh well glad you know now
          Cheers man, much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
            Thank you Voursch, excellent info! So basically, they only made the Type89s in LZ5U... so that is pretty rare. The comments I had in the first post were at Castle Combe circuit for an Audi Driver track day back in ~2000-2001. Seem to remember someone driving a brand new purple-ish RS4 (380BHP?) straight into Quarry corner in the wet. It was a rather rainy day at the time
            My records are from 1988-1990 the colour would have been (you said it was very dark) Nautic, indigo never showed in those 3 years.Indigo showed in 1991 year only on your type 89 which waas last year for your car.
            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Doh, yes, that's what I was trying to say and got distracted....

'So basically, they only made the Type89s in LZ5U for one year'

Comment

Spot on!! Always good to help if i can,god knows i will need lots of help from here when i attempt my volvo turbo upgrade.
                94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                  And done, floor mats were optional(!):
                  Not sure the tyres are right
                  Many of the decoders get either the wheels or the tires or both wrong. Oddly, your tag doesn't have any wheel code. Like C0J or C1P

As for the tyres, the correct answer is H0P = Tires 205/60 R 15 V

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                  94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

LZ5U is a beautiful colour very understated and as many have said it looks almost black most of the time, but when the sun (whatever that is) hits it it comes alive !

Maybe I'm just biased as it's also the colour of my coupe quattro
                    For what this cost me so far I could have bought an S2

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                      He says its a Type 89.
                      Indeed but I know those two blues are dark and the on line swatch might have helped.
                      I saw both options in the V-pages for Typ89 so knew it had be one or tother.
                      Paul Nugent
                      Webmaster http://S2central.net
                      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

I had spotted your pages on my travels Paul, partially discounted them as they were for an S2, and not a CQ, glad it;s all sorted now though

Comment

Working...
                        X