Originally posted by recurveandy View Post
    Just happens I have a set of these spare, blades 'n all
    I can trim the passenger side if required
    pm if interested
    PM sent
    sigpic

Comment

im not bad. doing a lot of lurking.

last stint of chemo in hospital. 2 more day cases left.

next its finish the wiring and get the 16v out. I await the engine mount brackets from sam then hopefully I can get stuff mounted.start on the surprises of conversions. luckily I found all my wiring brackets for the bulkhead.

how much were the wipers And arms alex.

Comment

I got them off David (S2Driveruk), can't remember how much to be honest, but less than the dealer
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Morning guys,

Well as the new wipers arrived yesterday, thanks recurveandy, I decided to fit them.

Got the old wipers off easily enough, went for a trial fitting of the new A6 aero wipers and that's where the fun began!!

Once they were fitted, I was unable to close the bonnet, as the passenger side arm stuck up too much and was fouling on the bonnet.

It tried fitting and refitting see real times, but still had the same problem....

I then decided to get my spare wiper motor that I took off my 90q, then looking at the motors side by side we realised that there is a difference between series 3 and series 4 wiper motors!!

Where you bolt the wiper arm on the passenger side is slightly longer on the series 4 than on the series 3!!

So once we'd discovered that, we set about swapping the motor assemblies and fitting the series 3 motor instead.

This gave vital space when being able to close the bonnet.

They are now fully fitted and fully operational. Think that they look awesome compared to the originals!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          sigpic

Comment

How odd
            Etka doesn't show any difference in p/ns for wiper linkage/motor etc across the 80/90/coupe 87-96
            My coupe is an '89 as I believe is Alex's, but there must be a difference somewhere
            1989 NG Q Pick-up (Daily)
            2002 ASZ Golf (Doris' Daily)
            1997 AJK-G2 A6 Avant Q (In surgery)
            1999 AGZ Bora (Daily 2)
            1994 ABC A6 Avant (Spare)
            1984 JS Coupe GT (Slow progress)
            1982 WN Coupe GT5 (Spare)
            1983 MK1 Golf GTI Pirelli (In storage)

Comment

Yeah that is weird never knew there was a change over the model years

Unless someone has rebuilt the linkage and missed out the washers on the spindles?
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

ah i loved those wiper arms on my a6 avant and they look awesome on the coupe...How did you shorten the passenger side wiper Alex?
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Pull off the end cap, then trim to size with a dremel or similar, and then file the locking profile into the cut end so the cap fits back on correctly.
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

One of my fave mods on my coupe Bought the conversion kit from Vagparts back in the day

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                    sigpic

Comment

I couldn't believe that there was a difference on the spindles either! They look awesome, but the drivers side jumps something chronic on the up wipe... 😞

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X