glass to metal sunroof panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glass to metal sunroof panel

Need some advice on above please guys. I've read a couple of posts here that say the panels are interchangeable with each other and its the mounting frames & trim underneath thats different. I've resigned myself to the fact that its highly unlikely to pick up a replacement glass panel thats in any better shape than my own one and that the metal ones are more readily available. Is it just a case of swapping the metal panel for the glass one with no other mod's? I have glass with pre-select just now so am aware that I'd still have the sliding trim panel in the headlining rather than the trim that moves along with the panel itself.
    Any guidance greatly appreciated indeed.

cheers,

mike

You need to change the whole cassette.
    Pull the Pillar trims, then the headlining, unplug the wiring, pull the drain tubes off the 4 corners, unbolt the cassette and drop it down into the car, bolt the new one in.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
      You need to change the whole cassette.
      Pull the Pillar trims, then the headlining, unplug the wiring, pull the drain tubes off the 4 corners, unbolt the cassette and drop it down into the car, bolt the new one in.
      Is there a headliner issue? On the C4s there is an unsubstantiated rumor that the steel sunroof cassette is a different thickness that the glass sunroof cassette and, as a result, the headliners are supposedly different. However, I can't find any back up for that story. I wondered whether this was true (or not) for the B3/B4s.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Headliners are different yes. The small lining piece under the glass panel can be slid back independently, the trim on the metal panel is clipped to it. The 2 mechanisms are different.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
          Headliners are different yes. The small lining piece under the glass panel can be slid back independently, the trim on the metal panel is clipped to it. The 2 mechanisms are different.
          Just want to be clear, are you talking about the big 4 ft x 6 ft ceiling cover or just the cover on the actual sliding sunroof?
          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

i got a glass. in vario roof panel still. open to offers. will photo. cannot open due to cable issue.

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
              Just want to be clear, are you talking about the big 4 ft x 6 ft ceiling cover or just the cover on the actual sliding sunroof?
              Ok, now I *think* I re-used the main headliner part, the 4ft x 6ft bit.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

@ GazzaG60 PM sent

Comment

Working...
                X