No announcement yet.

Rocker cover, painting powder coating??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ceramic blasted with epoxy primer and cream color on top of it.

Comment

Nice, didnt have the time at the moment to link it, have done 5000km since painting and it looks the same... Can take any solvent, thinner, brakecleaner etc, same paint is on the chassie, brake calipers etc.

Blasted with olivin (mineral from Norway) almost same finish as glass blasting, pre-heated to press out any oil residue, ground painted with a powder primer, then a top powder for The color, on The caliper its a ground powder, base powder coat and then heat resistant stickers and a clearcoat powder, (4 Times in The owen) so the stickers are tested by my mate at 300 degree celsius for hours, not like traditional powder coating companies do it. Ex.) blasted with gravel and a thick layer of powder...

They do even pearl, chrome etc, The crome is mind-blowing, and the pearl and metallic looks like regular 2k carpaint
      1995 Audi S6 - AAN (~350hp)
      2008 BMW 530xd (235hp)
      2008 Hyundai i30 - 1.6 CRDI (89hp)
      2011 KTM 990 SMR - custom tuned (120whp)

Comment

Just a word of caution. There have been several documented case of engine failure attributed to blast media in the oil supply via cosmetic improvements. You will need to ensure that the item is scrupulously clean on the inside before and after treatment and that the breather pipe is sealed adequately. Any sticky oil residue will trap media.
        Its worse on ABY/AAN covers as there are lots of crevices.

Comment

Thats why i used soda - water soluble so as long as the part is very well degreased before, you just rinse any media out with water
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
          X