Sunroof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof

The sunroof on my s2 is dead. Never worked when I bought it. Does anyone know what the usual issues are? The motor doesnt click when the switch is operated. I've seen a relay next to the motor but can't find a fuse on first inspection? I want to take the sunroof panel out for painting. Is there an easy way to get it out or a link on here for instructions? Thanks in advance.

Sunroof

If the mechanism isn't completely seized, you can wind the sunroof back with the Allen key to allow you to see the front edge of the liner. If you reach over the liner you will feel the clips, push the prongs apart to help them open so the liner un clips from the roof panel and push the liner back into the cassette. You can then see the torx bolts which hold the roof panel to the mechanism, 3 on each side.
    Last edited by newsh; 4 May 2017, 20:18.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

Oh and check the relay/controller module under the dash for dry joints.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Thanks. I'll look at all that. If the roof is seized, will i have to take the whole headlining out to get the sunroof panel out?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

With the headlining out you can remove either the sliding panel or the whole cassette [emoji106]

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Just done mine a few weeks back can do it in 1 day if you get stuck in think there is a few complete cassettes on ebay at the minute, will be the easiest way to go. trying to repair them is a nightmare once the cords are seized or running tubes are corroded like mine were good luck
            http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ssette&page=15 check this thread out it helped me loads

Comment

Thanks Rikki. I've had a good look at it today. The motor works ok but the cables are seized solid, i cant budge the sunroof even with the allen key. Looks like its the headlining out and a replacement off ebay (thanks for the tip)
              Any tips for taking the headlining and surrounding trim out without butchering everything? It looks a pig to remove. Thanks. Tom.

Comment

Remove the pillar trims, the sun visors and the interior grab handles/ lights and the headlining will come down.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Needs a gently pull too as it is glued in the middle slightly wish I'd took loads of pics when I did mine for the thread but was so intent on getting it done I didn't bother

Comment

Thanks. I'll have a go.

Found an electric sunroof (whole cassette) on ebay off a white 1990 coupe. Are they all the same fittings and sizes?

Comment

Yes mate think it's about 8 10mm bolts 3 down each side 2 front 2 back

Comment

I even fitted an avant cassette in my coupe, only difference was the angle of the drain pipes

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

sigpic

Comment

Great. This one should be ok then.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X