No announcement yet.

S2 re shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if its a b3 shell and Quattro either saloon or coupe, s2 coupe stuff all bolts up. you will need 10mm subframe bushes up front though as s2 aby, most of them have 12mm up front.

it all fits. I just bolted up the entire s2 to my saloon. some little differences if you swap wiring, steering etc but subframes, shocks etc up they go.

Comment

Sounds good, so to confirm if I have an 1988 Quattro coupe B3 bare shell beside a complete S2 say 94- 96 everything will bolt straight over bar the bushing mounts which I could remove from the S2 and weld to the 88 shell ?
      89 Mk2 Golf 16v

Comment

Originally posted by YBT4 View Post
        Sounds good, so to confirm if I have an 1988 Quattro coupe B3 bare shell beside a complete S2 say 94- 96 everything will bolt straight over bar the bushing mounts which I could remove from the S2 and weld to the 88 shell ?
        Even simpler than that, you just need to use the bushes and bolts from the coupe quattro as they are smaller. No welding required, unless you're really paranoid and want the bigger later bolts.
        1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Excellent, the earlier bolts will do just fine, thanks for your help
          89 Mk2 Golf 16v

Comment

the older are m10, the newer from 91 ( as92 mod) are m12... the older bushing will fit the subframe...

Comment

Working...
            X