B6 Quattro drivetrain in B2 Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6 Quattro drivetrain in B2 Coupe

Hello, I have an Audi Coupe GT FWD on which I am doing a complete B6 1.8T Quattro drivetrain swap (please don't ask why or propose alternative swaps ).

I need a pic of a factory Coupe Quattro rear floorpan in comparison to the FWD Coupe.

I know that for converting to the original Coupe Quattro a complete rear floorpan transplant is necessary. The reason for this is that the mounting points for the Quattro rear subframe are needed, or that FWD Coupe does not have enough space for the rear differential and the subframe?

Could I just fabricate the mounting points for the B6 rear subframe for fitting it and cut the spare tire well of my existing floorpan for creating the necessary space?

I am a little bit hesitant to perform a floorpan swap from the B6 to the Coupe...

The floorpan is completely different and not only in the back. There is no place for anything to make the rear wheel spin. The tunnel is not high enough for the drive-shaft, there is no space at all for the rear differential or even independent suspension if I remember correctly. A lot will have to be completely remade.
    1994 Audi 80 Competition

Comment

If there is a tunnel height issue, I think that it will stay FWD. In most AWD conversions involving vw group cars, they only change the rear floorpan with one from a donor car. Why is the Coupe a different case?

Comment

Because it was designed before quattro was invented?

Comment

Doesn't mean it can't be done.
          Just a lot more work

Comment

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the pics!

Comment