Blower motor & overheating problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blower motor & overheating problem

Good morning world. I’d be grateful for some diagnostic pointers on my ABY coupe 1994. The heater blower motor has stopped working on speeds I-III yet works on maximum. I noticed this then shortly after ,in town driving with air con on, I noticed the temperature gauge had risen to 3 notches above the 90 which it has never done before. I switched off the air con but also needed to turn heater knob to fully red to reduce the temp again to 90.
    I checked the fuses which were fine, then thought it might be the relay the controls fan speed I and water pump (bottom row far right in my engine fuse box). There are other identical relays in there so I swapped them over but no joy.
    I then went for a pretty brief drive to try and see if I could replicate the overheating again – this time the temp stuck to around 90 but still no blower speeds I-III.

I’ve done some forum searches but not quite turned up the answer yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

nigelm

I'd say a couple of unrelated problems.
    The heater fan speed resistor pack has gone so no reduced speeds, only full. need a new or good second hand one. Or maybe the switch is broken..

If you've not lost water, then probably the thermostat has started to stick. If you have lost water you're looking for the leak.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
    sigpic

Comment

heater fan

Thanks Newsh.
      Will try out the heater fan resistor pack - where would that be?.
      I should be able to find the switch.

nigelm

Comment

heater fan low speed problem

All up and working again now. New resistor pack went on - without resistance.

Thanks again.

nigelm ABY coupe

Comment

Blower Motor Resistor Pack Update

I week after replacing my resistor pack the damn thing’s packed up again and I wanna know why.

Is it because I put the wrong part in? I replaced the original P.N.59512711 from my ABY with a PN 191959263 – is there a difference between 3B and ABY items? It worked fine initially.

Is it because there’s an underlying problem causing the packs to fry?

Maybe the packs are fine and it’s something else in the circuit?

Anyone any ideas?

Nigelm 1994 ABY Coupe

Comment

Working...
          X