Heater fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater fault

Now the heater has started playing up of all things You turn it on and noting comes out,hot or cold.....However driving home tonight i noticed when i went round a roundabout the heater started working Does it have its own water system or something? Or is it just completely knackered.....

have you got aircon fitted?

I guess the fan is working?

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Yes it has got aircon but have nver had it working... It needed regassing when i first bought it, but it the transpired it had a leak When you fire it up tho you can here the thing working but get no cold air.A good few weeks ago tho even that stopped happening.

Comment

It could be the resistor pack,found inside the heater duct next to the motor. Quite a common fault on 80 and 90's,

Comment

@ Spink - Where abouts is that?

Comment

If you look down by the blower motor behind the glove box
            there is a cover at the top of the fan where the resistors are, this cover comes off and you can see it.

I took the aircon off mine earlier this year and got a fan and heater duct for £10 from a scrappy.

Greg
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Ive got one around here if you need it.I was going to bin it in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Re: Heater fault

Originally posted by jubjub
                i noticed when i went round a roundabout the heater started working
                Jameswkr had this problem, I think it was cured following a proper coolant bleeding session.

Jubjub, there is a small bleed valve on the bulkhead at the back of the engine ( small black plastic knob on a rubber pipe. If I could suggest you try this.

Bleed the system properly as expensive problems can occur. My colleague needed a new head gasket when her car wasn't bled properly by a dodgy garage.

You will need to do it several times before it is right.

Don't forget the correct anti freeze!

HTH

David

Comment

Re: Re: Heater fault

[i]Originally posted by Stick Insect

Bleed the system properly as expensive problems can occur. My colleague needed a new head gasket when her car wasn't bled properly by a dodgy garage.
                  :eek2: :eek2: Thanks for that.... try and get that checked out ASAP

Comment

Sarah's car needs a new head gasket now, a poor repair was done on her Citroen ( by a back street garage in Sheffield) and they didn't bleed the system properly!

She had a hose leak, a new hose was fitted and the heater didn't work afterwards!

Contagious thread again
                    David

Comment

Working...
                    X