This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
    I suspect that Zexel pump is indeed very common... S2/RS2 gets a variant without the compressor speed signal and an oddball pulley compared to other models. Great find Rich !

Mine was replaced by a VW Passet one, just cut the wires to the speed sensor, It was supplied by the company below One year on it still good, I will check the brand because I do not think it was a Zexel one
    RS 2 580HP

Comment

Grab one whilst you still can....

Matching part number 8A0 260 805 AF

I spent hours and hours searching for one at a reasonable price and found one here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRAND-NEW-...item1c1d2b9141

Delivered within 36hrs and it's genuine Valeo.

Hopefully this will save many of you time and money.

Comment

Compressor end connection dimensions

Looks like I'll be going to Demon Tweeks at the weekend to try and sort the new pipe/fittings.

As my new condenser is non OEM I have a different thread size to normal at that end of the proceedings, it is:

M22 x1.75

My question is what are the equivalent dimensions for the compressor end (i.e. to fit the compressor in the EBay ad I posted above)?

Compressor part number is:

8A0 260 805 AF

Can anyone provide this so I don't look like a complete amateur when I arrive at the desk!

It's looking like I'll try and get a custom Goodridge hose made up. Does anyone have any advice?

Comment

Guys, is there any solution to make a stop function for the compressor on high revs? My new one unit died after some race action...

Comment

The compressor clutch should deactivate on WOT AFAIK.
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

high revs, causing higher pressure, causing leak to appear, causing low pressure switch to open preventing the clutch from kicking in? just a thought.

But as pointed out above there is a full throttle inhibit function on the system
              sigpic
              "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
              BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
              1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
              2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

Working...
              X