No announcement yet.

UrS6 Heater is useless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump, any updates or comments on the lack of interior heat in some urS6 cars in this thread ?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by macspring View Post
      Bump, any updates or comments on the lack of interior heat in some urS6 cars in this thread ? Thanks.
      I can tell you that I did the heater core in my 98 C4 avant in April 2013 and since the weather got warmer after that, I didn't have the need for heat until late August 2013 when driving through the mountains, in a rain storm, coming home from camping at a lake. NO heat. Wife not impressed. Fortunately she had a blanky and the heated seats worked. Then we came out of the mountains into 23C weather.

When I got home, I took off the rain tray, the wipers, the metal/mesh wiper base and the wiper mechanism. to investigate the main heat flap on the heater box. Some how the linkage between the flap and the flap servo motor had come off and the the flap was closed, i.e. no air was going through the heater core. Quick fix, reassemble and instant heat. Duh. My bad.

Follow this pdf to get to the flap servo motor: http://12v.org/urs/FredMsTempFlapMotorR&R.pdf

Good luck.

Attached Files
      Last edited by UrS4boy; 19 July 2014, 16:06.
      RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Thanks Dave.

Now using one of my urS6 Avants as a daily.

Comment

Macspring,i have stumbled/come across and read quite a few references to these cars you own but never seen any pictures.Do you have any?
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Working...
          X